Has Stafford played himself into the lineup?

matter2003

I can't say how impressed I am with Stafford and the way he has played while with the Sabres...

He has 1 G and 2 A in 5 games, and has made some very nice plays, as well as shown he can be a physical presence and also a good skater...

I know he probably will have to get sent back down due to cap issues, but I really would love to see him take Peters place in the lineup on a regular basis---Stafford with Mair and Gaustad would result in a much more offensive 4th line, IMHO, since they already are getting a lot of good chances as it is, they are just not cashing in on them...Honestly I think its only a matter of time before he replaces Peters for good---the kid just has too much talent---looks like the Sabers nailed another one with this pick...

I can't say how impressed I am with Stafford and the way he has played while with the Sabres...

He has 1 G and 2 A in 5 games, and has made some very nice plays, as well as shown he can be a physical presence and also a good skater...

I know he probably will have to get sent back down due to cap issues, but I really would love to see him take Peters place in the lineup on a regular basis---Stafford with Mair and Gaustad would result in a much more offensive 4th line, IMHO, since they already are getting a lot of good chances as it is, they are just not cashing in on them...Honestly I think its only a matter of time before he replaces Peters for good---the kid just has too much talent---looks like the Sabers nailed another one with this pick...

agreed. it also makes you hope max isn't ready Friday!

... just kidding. but he definitely has great potential and will likely be a full time member of the team next year, if not sooner. Pretty good to know that after we win the cup this year, and a few players will take off for higher salary's, that we still have Paille/Stafford/McCarthur/etc. ready to fill in. ;)

Wow..it seems Regier and the coaches were thinking the same thing if what he said at the dinner at the Buffalo club holds any merit...

Regier said Stafford would stay with the team even when Max returns and would announce an "upper or lower body injury" to someone on Friday...

I guess I wasnt the only one impressed with him!

i honestly think they should move kotalik to free up some cap space and keep stafford around full-time. to me, stafford on a line with drury and whomever would be an upgrade over kotalik.

It has been interesting how Kotalik has been used this year.

Mostly he has been played almost exclusively on the left wing, which isn't his

natural position. Stafford has been played at his natural position on the right.

We should hold on a little before we throw Kotalik overboard.

The Drury line right now is a bit of a Ruff creation.

Kotalik on the left, Novotny on the right, only Drury is at his natural position.

It has been interesting how Kotalik has been used this year.

Mostly he has been played almost exclusively on the left wing, which isn't his

natural position. Stafford has been played at his natural position on the right.

We should hold on a little before we throw Kotalik overboard.

The Drury line right now is a bit of a Ruff creation.

Kotalik on the left, Novotny on the right, only Drury is at his natural position.

I agree. Put Kotalik on a scoring line and he's a 30-goal scorer. He's also a pretty solid forechecker and very good on the point on the PP. Stafford will get his chance soon enough -- openings always present themselves whether via injury or FA departures.

Archived