Marek Zagrapan

inkman

Here is the stat line:

GP G A P +/-

5 0 0 0 -1

Let's just say he is not exactly leading the team to that 12-1-0 record. WTF? I guess he has a little to learn about the North American game.

On a positive note MaCarthur, Paille and Ryan are tearing it up.

_____________GP G A P +/-

41 C. MacArthur-13-7-6-13-+2

17 Michael Ryan-13-7-5-12-+7

20 Daniel Paille--13-3-7-10-+6

Here is the stat line:

GP G A P +/-

5 0 0 0 -1

Let's just say he is not exactly leading the team to that 12-1-0 record. WTF? I guess he has a little to learn about the North American game.

On a positive note MaCarthur, Paille and Ryan are tearing it up.

_____________GP G A P +/-

41 C. MacArthur-13-7-6-13-+2

17 Michael Ryan-13-7-5-12-+7

20 Daniel Paille--13-3-7-10-+6

He's still pretty young, isn't he? I don't think he's 20 yet. Have you seen him play?

I wouldn't be too worried. The main things he needs to learn and get help is to get stronger and bigger. And stats wont help him improve in that. He is getting lots of learning expierence from working out and being in practice, im guessing by mid-season he will start to do well. Jason Pominville, had a OK rookie year in Rochester but before christmas he stuggled alot too and was in and out of the lineup as well.

He played in Quebec so he has an idea of the north american game, so i dont think that is the problem. He's just a kid playing in a mens league, but give it time and he'll start to shine soon.

He's still pretty young, isn't he? I don't think he's 20 yet. Have you seen him play?

Novotny took a long time to develop. So did Vanek.

I couldn't believe my ears when I got back to Buffalo in June and people were telling me they didn't know about keeping Vanek around.

Novotny took a long time to develop. So did Vanek

I'll agree that novotny took awhile but vanek spent one year in rochester due to the lockout which he probably would have been in buffalo.

these are his stats two seasons ago in rochester:

2004-05:Was named to the AHL All-Rookie Team?.Finished his first professional season with the Rochester Americans (AHL) with 68 points (42+26)?His 42 goals tied the Amerks? franchise record for most goal by a rookie?Vanek led the AHL in power-play goals with 25?Finished second in the AHL in goal-scoring (42)?Earned Reebok AHL Rookie of the Month honors for April, after collecting 13 points (11+2) in nine games?Named the CCM/Vector Player of the Week on April 17?Finished the regular season with a four-game point streak (7+2)?Registered three power-play goals against Syracuse on 4/16?Collected three points (2+1) @ Hamilton on 4/15?Scored two goals @ St. John?s on 4/11?Scored two goals against St. John?s on 4/3?Picked up four points (2+2) against Albany on 3/18?Registered his first career hat-trick against Syracuse on 3/13..Scored two goals @ Manitoba on 3/6?Had an eight game point streak (8+6) from 3/5 to 3/20?Scored two goals against @ St. John?s on 2/19?Had a seven-game point streak (3+5) from 1/25 to 2/4?Picked up two goals @ Syracuse on 12/18?Was named CMM Vector/AHL Player of the Week on 11/28? Collected three points (2+1) @ Binghamton on 11/27?Scored two goals against Cincinnati on 11/5?Scored his first professional goal on 11/29 against Manitoba

Archived