I was just banned on letsgocanes.com

eball

LOL...I went over there this a.m. to read their game thread, and I was so pissed at one of their comments that I registered and posted (same user name). Now I can't even access the board. Can somebody go over there and give me a recap of the responses to my post? I'm sure it's pretty funny.

"*plonk*

Bye."

"WTF ever. A Buffalo fan talking about the way HE was treated during the ECF's, that's rich.

As I've said before, I'm done with the Buffalo fans.

So don't let the door hit you on the way out, chief."

"That is absolutely CLASSIC. Your people came in our building again and showed their snarly, chip on the shoulder cause I'm from BUF selves last May, and proceeded to do it again last night. And tell us all how you were treated during the ECF's last year- would that before all your people threw commemorative ECF glasses at small children or when your people tried to run people over in the parking lot or when they proceeded to defile people's cars and break car flags? Please clarify that for me and all my friends here so we're clear on when our people treated you and your innocent (right) self so badly.

Nobody in the history of the world has behaved as poorly as your people in any arena. Just be clear on that dude. And when your people are yammering on the concourse talking about "the Cup is ours" and it's Nov 13, and the playoffs don't start til uh APRIL, You best believe your team, your people and the city of BUF will be paying back hockey god karma."

that's pretty much it.

"*plonk*

Bye."

"WTF ever. A Buffalo fan talking about the way HE was treated during the ECF's, that's rich.

"That is absolutely CLASSIC. Your people came in our building again and showed their snarly, chip on the shoulder cause I'm from BUF selves last May, and proceeded to do it again last night. And tell us all how you were treated during the ECF's last year- would that before all your people threw commemorative ECF glasses at small children or when your people tried to run people over in the parking lot or when they proceeded to defile people's cars and break car flags? Please clarify that for me and all my friends here so we're clear on when our people treated you and your innocent (right) self so badly.

Nobody in the history of the world has behaved as poorly as your people in any arena. Just be clear on that dude. And when your people are yammering on the concourse talking about "the Cup is ours" and it's Nov 13, and the playoffs don't start til uh APRIL, You best believe your team, your people and the city of BUF will be paying back hockey god karma."

that's pretty much it.

If Sabres fans DID act like that, it's embarrassing. We're not Flyer fans.

That being said, OMFG are those people weak.

If Sabres fans DID act like that, it's embarrassing. We're not Flyer fans.

That being said, OMFG are those people weak.

Let's recap for folks who recently joined the boards.

NO! This didn't happen. I was at ECF game one and saw NONE of this and HEARD none of this until 3 days later.

The Canes fans sure made up for it after winning Game 5 in OT though...saw a lot of people throwing stuff at Sabres fans (myself & the wife included) after the game. Talk about acting like bunch of a$$holes...

Canes fans are now in the top 3 of worst NHL fans - right up there with Toronto and Philly fans, IMO - and I have no plans to ever attend another game there or read one of their warm n' fuzzy message boards again.

i was at game two and sat by a bunch of sabres fans (i went alone) and like any group of fans, a few dumbasses will unfortunately "represent" the rest of the fanbase.

there were two college aged sabres fans, well beyond drunk, who got kicked out of three or four sections for causing problems with hurricane fans. i had the pleasure of being berated by a drunk redneck and told to get back to buffalo. i guess the fact that i had lived in north carolina longer than i had buffalo and my tax dollars went to supporting the old cutlass on blocks in his front yard, was irrelevant. then in the parking lot, cops ran past me as two carolina fans were trying to beat the hell out of a car full of sabres fans and even opened the door and kicked the driver in the head.

all in all, each side will bitch at the other and say how horrible they are, but it's really just a few bad eggs that bring everyone else down. where i sat, there were a couple hundred canes fans and 50 or so sabres fans and we had an awesome time. we gave each other a hard time, but when all was said and done we wished each other luck and went on our ways.

i was at game two and sat by a bunch of sabres fans (i went alone) and like any group of fans, a few dumbasses will unfortunately "represent" the rest of the fanbase.

there were two college aged sabres fans, well beyond drunk, who got kicked out of three or four sections for causing problems with hurricane fans. i had the pleasure of being berated by a drunk redneck and told to get back to buffalo. i guess the fact that i had lived in north carolina longer than i had buffalo and my tax dollars went to supporting the old cutlass on blocks in his front yard, was irrelevant. then in the parking lot, cops ran past me as two carolina fans were trying to beat the hell out of a car full of sabres fans and even opened the door and kicked the driver in the head.

all in all, each side will bitch at the other and say how horrible they are, but it's really just a few bad eggs that bring everyone else down. where i sat, there were a couple hundred canes fans and 50 or so sabres fans and we had an awesome time. we gave each other a hard time, but when all was said and done we wished each other luck and went on our ways.

BINGO! Well said. I spent 30 minutes AFTER the game with X Benedict walking the lot talking to Canes fans. I even scored some free food and beer and partied another two hours before driving home.

Rednecks are fun though...

LOL...I went over there this a.m. to read their game thread, and I was so pissed at one of their comments that I registered and posted (same user name). Now I can't even access the board. Can somebody go over there and give me a recap of the responses to my post? I'm sure it's pretty funny.

read your post and you got banned for that??? Must have hit a nerve ending hard

"*plonk*

Bye."

If you read this guy's little discription and look at his avatar, you'd get this one. He has a picture of a (replica) ancient norse pendant called "Thor's Hammer." His little write up says, "This is Thor's Hammer. I drop it on the heads of trolls."

Such an encouraging way to get people to the forums. Not all readers that are fans of other teams are "trolls." I think here at SS we treat other fans with some respect and certainly don't ban them unless they get out of hand.

that's pretty much it.

This is a case study in how urban legends get formed. A few months ago this read, "Buffalo fans threw the comemmorative glasses at people in the lot, were driving drunk and took car flags." Go back a little further to the nights of the incidents and you will see even less (I read them every night back then): "A few Sabre fans smashed thier comemorative glasses in the parking lot and are horrible drivers." And, the kicker was a Carolina state trooper mentioned he had his Sabre flag stolen from his car multiple times in the parking lot during games.

I cannot wait to see how it is remembered during the playoffs this year: "A mad horde of thousands of Sabre fans ravished the countryside smashing any glass they could find: plate glass windows, windshields, mirrors, everything! They hit about 50 innocent people, mostly nuns, orphans and pregnant women, with thier cars and never stopped! The hiways ran red from the monsters! They burned city hall to the ground, razed synagogues, blew up churches and defiled mosques! They raped and killed 14 people in the parking ramps! They spit on Sister Theresa! THEY DEFECATED ON THE JEFF GORDON STATUE IN THE CITY SQUARE!"

I cannot wait to see how it is remembered during the playoffs this year: "A mad horde of thousands of Sabre fans ravished the countryside smashing any glass they could find: plate glass windows, windshields, mirrors, everything! They hit about 50 innocent people, mostly nuns, orphans and pregnant women, with thier cars and never stopped! The hiways ran red from the monsters! They burned city hall to the ground, razed synagogues, blew up churches and defiled mosques! They raped and killed 14 people in the parking ramps! They spit on Sister Theresa! THEY DEFECATED ON THE JEFF GORDON STATUE IN THE CITY SQUARE!"

And lets be honest. Having a glass cup giveaway isn't exactly smart. It's like having a mini-bat giveaway at the baseball stadium.

I still have mine and use it to fill my dogs waterbowl. ;)

read your post and you got banned for that??? Must have hit a nerve ending hard

Tell me about it. I e-mailed the board moderator and called him out for being afraid to allow alternative opinions in his forum. My contribution was hardly "inflammatory" as message board posts go.

And lets be honest. Having a glass cup giveaway isn't exactly smart. It's like having a mini-bat giveaway at the baseball stadium.

I still have mine and use it to fill my dogs waterbowl. ;)

Seriously, i'm glad someone has the balls to bring this up. In a histile environment they gave away GLASS cups to sabres fans, and we love our sport, it's a event not just something to do on a wednesday night. I will never forget the game 5 i went to in Raliegh, driving over night, arriving at the hotel at like 1pm, with the pool being full of sabres fans, music blasting, people welcoming us in, everyone talking hockey, people giving each other high 5's and sharing their liqure and beer, it was a event, like a holiday, people got drunk cuz it's a sporting event and they give away GLASS cups. Seriously, majority of the sports world would have destroyed them like we did.

I just read through that thread. There's a lot of "the opposing fan is evil" mentality going on, especially going of on eball for his so called trolling. The big thing though, is that its a major case of culture shock. The north and south are very different places, especially when you're talking about a very blue collar town like Buffalo.

Archived