Random Thoughts About Tonights Game

Allan in MD

What is the NHL record for consecutive road wins, irrespective of the beginning of the season record?

The Carolina radio announcer didn't think the disputed 'Canes goal should have counted. Speaking of the announcer, he is such a drone it was unclear, initially, that two of the Sabres goals had actually been scored. Rick J. should teach animation courses.

Did Card play? Don't think I heard his name called once.

The fact that Lindy continues to use Gaustad on the power play really says something about the kid.

The Sabres appear to take breaks whenever they can, such as in the second period. This schedule has got to be killing them. It's all pretty dangerous.

What is the NHL record for consecutive road wins, irrespective of the beginning of the season record?

The Carolina radio announcer didn't think the disputed 'Canes goal should have counted. Speaking of the announcer, he is such a drone it was unclear, initially, that two of the Sabres goals had actually been scored. Rick J. should teach animation courses.

The fact that Lindy continues to use Gaustad on the power play really says something about the kid.

The Sabres appear to take breaks whenever they can, such as in the second period. This schedule has got to be killing them. It's all pretty dangerous.

The record is 12 by the Detroit Red Wings which was set last year. We tied our franchise record of 10 straight tonite...

We actually have won 14 or 15 in a row on the road now, since I believe we won our last 5 on the road last year(its either 4 or 5)...Card played sparingly, and Stafford appeared to get benched in the 3rd period....

We actually have won 14 or 15 in a row on the road now, since I believe we won our last 5 on the road last year(its either 4 or 5)

We won our final 4 road games last year. The last time we lost on the road in the regular season was the April Fool's 7-0 drubbing by the Leafs.

Not to say I told you so. But I said Mair and Gaustad were being held back. They may have been the two best players over these last three games.

A random thought of my own.

When Briere went down, on the Penalty that I beleive Mair scored on, he went into the goalie and the puck follwed. Why wasn't that a goal? Didn't Grier do the same thing last season. The puck crossed and the light should have went on. The 'Canes defensemen didn't touch the puck.

Gaustad started off on a tear last year, mainly because he wasn't constantly saddled with Peters. I guess we need a player like him around but it should only be on a limited basis. I think this year it mostly has to do with salary cap implications.

I'm almost sure that Peters signed a 2-way deal.... if that's the case i don't know why we don't send him to Rochester because we can all see what the 4th line can do and Peters really is worthless... he played 0:51 last night. Give me a break. Put Danny Paille or Mike Ryan on the 4th line with Mair and Goose and we'll get back to the 4 strong lines we had all of last year.

I'm almost sure that Peters signed a 2-way deal.... if that's the case i don't know why we don't send him to Rochester because we can all see what the 4th line can do and Peters really is worthless... he played 0:51 last night. Give me a break. Put Danny Paille or Mike Ryan on the 4th line with Mair and Goose and we'll get back to the 4 strong lines we had all of last year.

He didn't sign a 2 way deal. We're stuck with him. Anyway, even if they could send him down, that doesn't free up enough space to call up a guy like Paille.

I actually prefer Gaustad and Mair split up and put on seperate line with players who might need a little protection. When those guys are being thrown onto the other lines, the extra curricular stuff by the other team goes way down. I can think of a play last night where Mair decked Cole (I think) who was fiddling with the puck, Cole turned back to retaliate and saw # 22 and skated to the bench.

Archived