Briere and Drury

Hawk

In January, Darcy can start to renegotiate with DB. I feel, as much as I love Drury, and if we cant keep them both. Then Danny has to be the one to stay. But both would be fantastic. :) :)

Don't really wanna even think about going into a season without both of those guys........... B-)

I'm going the exact opposite way - while I'd like to keep both (at reasonable salaries) I think you keep Drury first, then try to fit Danny into the salary structure.

As others have noted, as their production continues to rise, we are going to have a hard enough time keeping Vanek, Pommer, Max and others.

Vanek and Pommer

How did I forget my favorite player? But yes, and that's why I'm hoping we can continue to keep pumping out this young players who can produce. I have a really negative attitude I guess, because every time I see a new Sabre forward I see Brian Holzinger!! :cry:

But Stafford looks really good so far

How did I forget my favorite player? But yes, and that's why I'm hoping we can continue to keep pumping out this young players who can produce. I have a really negative attitude I guess, because every time I see a new Sabre forward I see Brian Holzinger!! :cry:

But Stafford looks really good so far

Is Zinger still playing?............He would have been a solid player in the new NHL.

you keep drury first. Briere has more offensive upside, however, drury is a more complete player. Negotiate long term with drury and then go after briere... or if they're the co captains, you offer the exact same long term deal to both guys that's reasonable for the salary structure... you can do briere and drury for 4+ years because darcy got all those 2-3 year deals last offseason with the rest of the team. It will be hard, but it CAN be done, and it can be done effectively.

Archived