Sabres/Stars game blacked out on Center Ice?????

mackey7789

Center Ice always blacks out the non-MSG broadcasts of Sabres games. So this is nothing new.

Actually, CI did NOT black out the Carolina game that wasn't shown on MSG. Also, CI NEVER blacked out a game that wasn't shown on Empire that I actually tried to see provided it was broadcast by someone (TSN or the other team).

So, this IS something new.

I live in Virginia, and I saw the game.  I think the blackout was only for the local region.  Sounds like they had a really good crowd, too.

Game was great.  Very exciting.

Go Sabres!!!

You are correct. The discussion about blackouts is only relevant for WNY.

Actually, CI did NOT black out the Carolina game that wasn't shown on MSG. Also, CI NEVER blacked out a game that wasn't shown on Empire that I actually tried to see provided it was broadcast by someone (TSN or the other team).

So, this IS something new.

I guess you've gotten lucky in the past because a friend of mine with CI here in Rochester has been complaining about blackouts and CI for years.

I guess you've gotten lucky in the past because a friend of mine with CI here in Rochester has been complaining about blackouts and CI for years.

Blackouts only happen in the local market if the game is being shown on a channel thats in a geographically close market... Ala the sabres and stars... It was broadcasted nationally in southern ontario and the rest of canada... while in buffalo which is a close market its blacked out... or am i completly wrong... i think it works something like that.

Blackouts only happen in the local market if the game is being shown on a channel thats in a geographically close market... Ala the sabres and stars... It was broadcasted nationally in southern ontario and the rest of canada... while in buffalo which is a close market its blacked out... or am i completly wrong... i think it works something like that.

So the Sabres - Caps game was a TSN national game? If it was, you may be onto something, but my guess is the reason Sabres fans w/ CI got to see the Carolina game is someone at MSG or Larry didn't realize the game was on CI. Once whoever the prick is found out, it was screw that, people from Rachacha and Syracuse will buy tickets if they can't watch a Wednesday night 7:00 PM start. Yeah, right. Nice theory Mr. MSG. Personally, I don't get too upset when I can't see a Sabres game that other people can see, I just deduct $50 from my Sabres apparel budget. Works for me. So far I'm half way to not buying a Briere sweater for myself.

Archived