Who had the prettier goal last night?

Eleven

I'm with the Roy goal; the back-and-forth between Roy and Vanek was incredible, and then Roy took the time to line up that roof shot.

But that's just me. Since I haven't bothered to learn the new poll facility yet, what are your thoughts?

Oh, and I believe it was Hatcher who was beaten on both goals.

My vote is Max's. The passing was great on Roy's goal, but I'd give a bit more than half of the credit to Vanek for the setup. I also think Philly's D took a ridiculous amount of time getting over to Roy -- it's almost too easy when you're unbothered on the doorstep.

Although I think the passing and team play aspect of Roy's goal is great, it's pretty rare to see someone motor at high speed down the entire length of the ice, blow by the entire opposition, take it to the rack and score.

Correct on that CS Hatcher getting victimized on both (and I believe no fewer than 6 of our goals occurred on his watch). That's our stanley cup ring he's walking around with.

I was watching the game (due to a lack of power at my house) with my Dad, Uncle, Grandpa and two little cousins. As soon as Max scored that goal, my Grandpa, Uncle and Dad all looked at each other and said at practically the same time Max looked like Perrault going coast to coast.

Gil was WAY before my time (my first hockey memories start in the late 80's, early 90's), but it was cool to hear them all wax poetic for a bit.

I was watching the game (due to a lack of power at my house) with my Dad, Uncle, Grandpa and two little cousins. As soon as Max scored that goal, my Grandpa, Uncle and Dad all looked at each other and said at practically the same time Max looked like Perrault going coast to coast.

Gil was WAY before my time (my first hockey memories start in the late 80's, early 90's), but it was cool to hear them all wax poetic for a bit.

The best part of Roys goal was how much time he took to line it up and roof it. how many uys would have rushed that shot. My vote is for Maxim, but the poise roy showed was truly impressive.

My dad asked me what my favorite goal was, and I said Roy for the same reason you stated here.

Archived