Trade Ideas

mis3384

what about trading...Marty and Grier and or a draft pick to NYI for Kvasha and Niinimaa or Dealing Marty and others to CHI for Vandermeer and Arnason....do somthing when miller is healthy, to add depth at D and a little more scoring...i love the wins...but how long can we keep coming from behind to win games...

Would the Isles want Marty when the have Dipietro?

agreed i don't think NYI is the right candidate and neither is CHI they have the bulin wall... or berlin wall... (filled with holes) anyway... both have goaltenders that are half way solid... plus khabibulin is tied up in a HUGE contract if im not mistaken so CHI is not signing any goalies... perhaps edmonton or atlanta may be better trading partners... not sure about the wests situation but i think all the starters out there are pretty much healthy are they not?

STL could do with a goalie. but biron has our team record for most wins. i'd rather ship Nornonen atm. keep the better goalie imho.

At this moment in time, especially considering Ryan's injury and intangibles, Marty is the Sabres best goalie. Will that still be the case 2 months from now and will it still be the case next year? If the answer to those questions is "no", then Marty's value is higher now than it will be in the future and in all probability he would be the goalie that has been on the block that will bring the most value to the team. Especially when his salary and the potential for a drop off in his level of play are thrown into the mix, trading Marty probably brings the most value to the team.

If Marty doesn't drop off or if Mika can never play at a sustained high level, then hindsight will show trading Marty was a mistake; I doubt that those scenarios will come to fruition. The only reason I would keep Marty and trade Mika is if Lindy will not be comfortable playing Mika on a regular / semi-regular basis.

I don't understand why anyone would want Bertuzzi? He commands a lot of ice time. I'm not sure if he would be a good fit. Putting a big fish in a small pond tends to kill off all the rest of the fish.

If a deal with the Canucks could be made I would concentrate on Salo. I would even think about Bryan Allen. He's younger and seems to be steady.

ok good point....so we trade Marty,Fitz,Peters and a Draft Pick---Maybe even Grier

TO --- VAN

for---Bertuzzi and Jovanovski

We free up some if any, Salary Cap and roster spots for young players

-------Hurry while Marty is hot-----MAKE THE DEAL

I don't understand why anyone would want Bertuzzi? He commands a lot of ice time. I'm not sure if he would be a good fit. Putting a big fish in a small pond tends to kill off all the rest of the fish.

If a deal with the Canucks could be made I would concentrate on Salo. I would even think about Bryan Allen. He's younger and seems to be steady.

Bertuzzi would ruin this team chemistry wise, and he wouldn't really add that much.

Bryan Allen is a more solid Tallinder, so I think that would be a good pickup, but it wouldn't send the Sabres over the top like Jovanovski would.

We've been agreeing far too much recently.

Why is everyone so quick to make a trade? I can understand in the past wanting to make a trade, but now? Why mess with what's happening on the ice right now? You may ruin the "chemistry" if you trade players. I say we ride this thing out unitl we start seeing bumps in the roads and teams game goes south.

Why is everyone so quick to make a trade? I can understand in the past wanting to make a trade, but now? Why mess with what's happening on the ice right now? You may ruin the "chemistry" if you trade players. I say we ride this thing out unitl we start seeing bumps in the roads and teams game goes south.

we want a new name to put on the back of our sabre jerseys haha :lol: but in all seriousness i think everyone just wants some sort of shake up... anything to push this team past the "almost contender" look and into the top 5 contender.... i think we all know that although this current roster looks great right now... it probably can't be sustained for much longer... we need a bit of a boost... especially in the defense department. And the goalie situation is overall not healthy for any team no matter how good they are.

Archived