Thoughts on Friday vs. the Red Wings

Doohickie

I'm watching the Red Wings stomp the Coyotes (7-1 after the second period). One might be intimidated by facing a team coming off such an impressive win. But here's what I think.

I can remember the 97 playoffs when the Wings and Avs split consecutive 7-0 routes of each other. It's pretty hard to repeate a high-scoring performance over consecutive games.

The Wings cracked Cujo early by throwing shots at him from all angles. Hasek is also vulnerable to this tactic (as Buffalo fans know). Don't worry about setting up the pretty play, just throw your best shot at him and rush the crease.

It's a route now, but early in the game it was tied 1-1 and Hasek was the shaky goalie, allowing a goal he shouldn't have (the Coyotes scored on one of their first four shots).

The Wings are passing around the Coyotes at will at this point. The Sabres need to take away the pretty passes and the Wings will get frustrated. Of course, the Sabres can play both the open game and the grinding game, and they've been winning the close ones, so as long as they can keep it tight, they will be fine. The Wings will be the first to flinch.

EMBRACE THE SLUG!

My money is on the Sabres!!!!!!

Just for the record, I am 100% sure that the Coyotes aren't going to make the playoffs. Detroit is in for a beating against us. The Sabres shouldn't have a hard time putting in 4 or 5 goals against Dominik "The Weakest Groin in Professional Sports" Hasek.

I would just like to take this opportunity to turn this post in to something about the jersey - Hasek even says he doesn't undestand or like them and I have always trusted everything Dom has said. Therefore, the jerseys - as I've said all along - suck!!!

:rolleyes:

I would just like to take this opportunity to turn this post in to something about the jersey - Hasek even says he doesn't undestand or like them and I have always trusted everything Dom has said. Therefore, the jerseys - as I've said all along - suck!!!

:rolleyes:

Well if Hasek doesn't like them, I think will have to change my opinion, DOWN WITH THE NEW JERSEY! Wait a minute, didn't Peca say he didn't like them too? Well back to my original opinion, they aren't that bad and I can live with them

Just for the record, I am 100% sure that the Coyotes aren't going to make the playoffs. Detroit is in for a beating against us. The Sabres shouldn't have a hard time putting in 4 or 5 goals against Dominik "The Weakest Groin in Professional Sports" Hasek.

I saw the Blue Jackets beat the 'Yotes 5-1. Not even Gretzky in his prime could make this a playoff team.

I have to admit. The Red Wings are my non-Sabre team. When the Sabres didn't make the playoffs for those years I adopted the Wings for the playoffs.

That said. I used to think of games against teams like the Wings and Av's as tests. This year? I think the Sabres are the test. I think the Sabres are the best team in hockey. I really think that teams are going to come out with their best to measure against the Sabres. ;) Like the Bills did against the Bears. :lol:

Yeah Yeah. We've heard it all as fans of the Wings. We had a crappy, crappy first 2 games. We struggled against the Penguins for god's sake. However, I think that we had an extremely flukey (is that a word?) night against the Yotes.

I wouldn't write it off as an easy win either, Buffalo.

The wings can't skate nearly as well as you, but we will most likely put Lidstrom on Briere which should shut him down somewhat effectively. And we have a sneaky defenseman in Lebda, who is most likely our fastest skater. Second by Draper and thirdly by Kronwall. All three love to get down and dirty B-)

I cant wait! GO WINGS! Good luck Sabres... it will surely be a good one :!:

A bit much don't you think.

As if my :P didn't describe how I was jesting, I'll lay it out for you. Despite the ridiculous things you spout about here and at TDB, I don't harbour any ill will. Although I would like to meet you. I really have no idea what to expect. The oppposite holds true for Dave b. I thought I had him pegged pretty good, then I met him and found out he wasn't at all what I was expecting.

As if my :P didn't describe how I was jesting, I'll lay it out for you. Despite the ridiculous things you spout about here and at TDB, I don't harbour any ill will. Although I would like to meet you. I really have no idea what to expect. The oppposite holds true for Dave b. I thought I had him pegged pretty good, then I met him and found out he wasn't at all what I was expecting.

How the heck did this turn into a slam on me thread? :o

I normally try to stay clear of the "beat on DeLuca" threads. ;)

How the heck did this turn into a slam on me thread? :o

I normally try to stay clear of the "beat on DeLuca" threads. ;)

It was actually a compliment, although reading back through, I could see where you would take it as such. I was basically expecting to see Bob Matthews at Tahoes that day and was surprised to find a normal dude standing in his place.

Archived