A followup to last week's Yankees Thread

Bmwolf21

Apparently a $200M + payroll can't even buy you a playoff win anymore...

How Long until the angry mob shows up at A-Rod's door?

The Yankees never found any spark, and for the second straight year the star-studded squad is going home after a first-round exit.

"I'm stunned," New York general manager Brian Cashman said. "This team fooled me to some degree. Detroit was on top of their game and we weren't, and that combination was lethal for us. I'm disappointed where we're at now."

Losing stung and now the Yankees will have to face owner George Steinbrenner's wrath. He may have big changes in store for his underachieving ballclub, which hasn't won a World Series since 2000.

One of the Yankees' offseason moves could be trading Rodriguez, who capped another forgettable October by going 1-for-14 (.071) and going without an RBI for the second straight postseason.

"I have no one to blame but myself," he said. "I know I certainly have to do well for this team to win."

BALLGAME OVER!! AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES OVER!! YANKEES LOSE!! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!

BALLGAME OVER!! AMERICAN LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES OVER!! YANKEES LOSE!! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!

This is where a "thumbs up" icon would be appropriate.

Yeah - sucks for us Yankees fans but now I can concentrate fully on the Sabres.

Why'll we're on the subject, anyone know a team interested in a 1/4 billion Dollar choker with 4 years left on his deal? How about a 43 year former great pitcher with a hinky back? Lots more "bargains" to be had off the current roster.

Well that didn't take long:

Boss to oust Torre, bring in Sweet Lou:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Yankees manager Joe Torre likely will be fired and replaced by Lou Piniella following another early exit from the playoffs, the New York Daily News reported Sunday.

According to sources the Daily News did not identify, Torre is expected to be fired unless he resigns first -- or team officials can talk owner George Steinbrenner out of making the move.

Might be stuck with A-Rod, though:

The Yankees are responsible for $67 million over the final four seasons of his record contract and could explore a deal, especially for the younger pitching they crave.

"My commitment is 100 percent. Unconditional," he said. "I want to be a Yankee. I don't want to go anywhere, and I can't be more clear. I hope they don't want to trade me, because I don't want to go anywhere."

Rodriguez would have to waive his no-trade clause for the Yankees to trade him.

"I mean, if they're dying to get rid of me," he said when asked whether he would consider it. "I hope not. I mean, I'm 100 percent committed to being a Yankee and that's the only place I want to play. ... I believe I can be part of the solution here. I've had success in New York -- in the regular season. I have to find it in the postseason."

I love the drama - its so exciting.

"I mean, if they're dying to get rid of me," he said when asked whether he would consider it. "I hope not. I mean, I'm 100 percent committed to being a Yankee and that's the only place I want to play. ... I believe I can be part of the solution here. I've had success in New York -- in the regular season. I have to find it in the postseason."

Uhh...they aren't?

Sterling blows! Nothing makes me happier when the Yankess lose than listening to the ultimate homer go into excuse mode for why they lost! :lol: :lol:

Cairo, Miguel $ 1,000,000 Somewhat overpaid bench player

Cano, Robinson $ 381,000 Must be a nice feeling when the rest of the infield in making $60 milion dollars

Chacon, Shawn $ 3,600,000 When was the last time he pitched

Crosby , Bubba $ 354,250 What a bench player should make

Damon, Johnny $ 13,000,000 Looks like a good deal this year

Dotel, Octavio $ 2,000,000 The bullpen savior?

Farnsworth, Kyle $ 5,416,666 Actually may be paid appropriately

Giambi, Jason $ 20,428,571 Benched in last game

Jeter, Derek $ 20,600,000 Should make more according to Yankee fans logic

Johnson, Randy $ 15,661,427 This contract is starting to look bad

Matsui, Hideki $ 13,000,000 When healthy performs

Mussina, Mike $ 19,000,000 Nice bank for a .500 postseason pitcher

Myers, Mike $ 1,150,000 Going rate for a Loogy?

Nieves, Wil $ 328,600 :unsure:

Pavano, Carl $ 8,000,000 Did he step foot in NYC this year?

Phillips, Andy $ 333,150 Bargain

Posada, Jorge $ 12,000,000 If Varitek is making $10 mill this is about market value

Proctor, Scott $ 352,675 Didn't he pitch in like 80 games this year, WTF?

Rivera, Mariano $ 10,500,000 Contract based on past performance

Rodriguez, Alex $ 21,680,727 Regular season hero

Sheffield, Gary $ 10,756,171 Last year with team

Small, Aaron $ 1,200,000 One year wonder

Stinnett, Kelly $ 650,000 Backup

Sturtze, Tanyon $ 1,500,000 Hurt

Villone, Ron $ 2,250,000 Bargain

Wang, Chien-Ming $ 353,175 Steal of the Century

Williams, Bernie $ 1,500,000 Playing out the string

Wright, Jaret $ 7,666,667 Showed his true colors Saturday

This was without Abreu, Lidle, Wilson and Fasano who combined probably make $ 20 mill.

Archived