Sabres Powerplay

rickshaw

since Timmmay went down with his concussion.

When he went down the slide started and it continues.

I hope they can get it together, that one guy shouldn't make such a difference, but his ability with the puck really is top notch and makes the pp click.

Since he could be gone for awhile, best the guys playing get on with performing.

Timmy? Or is it Scott Arniel's departure?

When Koivu scored his 2nd goal, I said to my buddy, "5 on 3 is the kiss of death". He laughed and responded with, "Except if the Sabres have the advantage."

On the bright side, they have taken 4 points to start the season w/o a PP goal. PP goals are great, but if they can win games at even strength, all the better.

those blown 5-3 opportunites are maddening. Starting off slow on 5-4's is one thing, but pisspoor 5-3's is another.

Agreed. 5 on 3 is when you MUST score. Missing those is painful.

I didnt follow the pre-season. Was the PP struggling then as well? I am not too worried, I just hope they get it going fairly quickly.

Timmy? Or is it Scott Arniel's departure?

When Koivu scored his 2nd goal, I said to my buddy, "5 on 3 is the kiss of death". He laughed and responded with, "Except if the Sabres have the advantage."

On the bright side, they have taken 4 points to start the season w/o a PP goal. PP goals are great, but if they can win games at even strength, all the better.

Yes, scoring goals on even strength is great. It means that they don't have to rely solely on the PP to score goals. However, when they DO get around to scoring those PP goals, that WILL be the kiss of death to their opponents.

Having said that, when all of the above comes true, we'll be hoisting the Cup next June.

BTW, does this mean that Lindy could win back to back Jack Adams trophies. That was nice that he edged out Peter LaViolette for the award a few months back.

Yes, scoring goals on even strength is great. It means that they don't have to rely solely on the PP to score goals. However, when they DO get around to scoring those PP goals, that WILL be the kiss of death to their opponents.

Having said that, when all of the above comes true, we'll be hoisting the Cup next June.

BTW, does this mean that Lindy could win back to back Jack Adams trophies. That was nice that he edged out Peter LaViolette for the award a few months back.

I seem to recall that early last season there were concerns about this teams ability to score at even strength. I remember Lindy even commenting on it.

You have to remember that this 22 man unit has only been togther two games this season. The preseason was about getting a good look at some young players. It's not like football where you play your starters for a while then look at the young players.

Once players define their rolls on the power play it will be just fine. ;)

since Timmmay went down with his concussion.

When he went down the slide started and it continues.

I hope they can get it together, that one guy shouldn't make such a difference, but his ability with the puck really is top notch and makes the pp click.

Since he could be gone for awhile, best the guys playing get on with performing.

I am not worried about the powerplay.

They will find it. They have been setting up and moving the puck well for the most part.

I am not worried about the powerplay.

They will find it. They have been setting up and moving the puck well for the most part.

I agree. They worked the puck well on the powerplay last night. They set themselves up with a player all alone w/ wide open net at least 3 times on powerplays and the player could not pull the trigger (happened to Max at least 2 times and it happened to Vanek).

Comment not specific to powerplay. I thought the ice at the game was bad as the puck was bouncing a LOT. Both teams missed on a lot of passes, but the Sabres seemed to have a tougher time getting the puck to lay flat.

Final aside. On Peters' penalty, I initially thought the ref was calling Begin for the interference as it looked like he was the one who changed course. Later on, Peters helped create a 3 on 2 for Montreal when he bumped into Gaustad keeping him from getting back and backchecking. Personally, I am looking forward to either Paille being called up or Timmy coming back healthy.

Archived