The Official "Get Over It" Thread

Corp000085

After reviewing last night's telecast, and using google.com to my advantage, I have realized that the Stanley Cup Champions logo is not inscribed in the Cup. All I saw last night was "2005-2006 Carolina Hurricanes". I saw no red and black logo. I just saw names.

Next year, when we're all hungover, please review the Cup. You'll see "2006-2007 Buffalo Sabres. Lindy Ruff, Daniel Briere, Christopher Drury, Maxim Afinogenov,..." STFU, its game time...

Winning the cup will do nothing for me in regards to the new logo.

I'm still going to hate it, and bouycott it, and nothing the Sabres do will ever let me "get over it"

i'm insulted and pissed about it, and that cannot change, because I will be reminded everytime I see it.

I'm still going to hate it, and bouycott it, and nothing the Sabres do will ever let me "get over it"

i'm insulted and pissed about it, and that cannot change, because I will be reminded everytime I see it.

*hands ddaryl a tissue*

So far that's two people who just don't get it. They're playing now so let's all get over ourselves and talk about hockey. :rolleyes:

That's right, shrader, and if you still hate the slug, you must be an evil, soul-less bandwagon fan who eats kittens...

I'm with you 100%. I'll fully cheer on this team like I have since its inception, like I do the Bills, but I'll never, ever buy any of the new merchandise with that abomination of a logo.

That's right, shrader, and if you still hate the slug, you must be an evil, soul-less bandwagon fan who eats kittens...

Well if you click on a thread about moving past the logo hatred and immediately post about how much you hate the logo, then yes, you are an evil, soul-less bandwagon fan who eats kittens.

Oh, and by the way, kittens give Morbo gas.

After reviewing last night's telecast, and using google.com to my advantage, I have realized that the Stanley Cup Champions logo is not inscribed in the Cup. All I saw last night was "2005-2006 Carolina Hurricanes". I saw no red and black logo. I just saw names.

Next year, when we're all hungover, please review the Cup. You'll see "2006-2007 Buffalo Sabres. Lindy Ruff, Daniel Briere, Christopher Drury, Maxim Afinogenov,..." STFU, its game time...

Its a god damned Sabres forum, where you talk about anything and every thing Sabres.

If you don't want to read about it, don't friggin click on it.

Its a god damned Sabres forum, where you talk about anything and every thing Sabres.

If you don't want to read about it, don't friggin click on it.

It's kind of hard to not click on stuff when people bitter about the logo manage to sneak in something about it in every post they make, no matter the topic.

I AGREE! We deserve better than that slug, and if it's not better than our original, then it's not good enough for the fans. I'll NEVER spend money or even wear a free slug ANYTHING.

That things a joke, it's getting forcefed to you with hype, and the weak are mindlessly buying it.

Notice they didn't put it head to head against our original(now 3rd), they wouldn't of sold half the slugs they did, if fans had a choice.

I AGREE! We deserve better than that slug, and if it's not better than our original, then it's not good enough for the fans. I'll NEVER spend money or even wear a free slug ANYTHING.

That things a joke, it's getting forcefed to you with hype, and the weak are mindlessly buying it.

Notice they didn't put it head to head against our original(now 3rd), they wouldn't of sold half the slugs they did, if fans had a choice.

Yes those of us buying it can't have a different opinion. We must just be weak. :lol:

Yes those of us buying it can't have a different opinion. We must just be weak. :lol:

Well, at least you realize it...

Or maybe you're just trying to be "cool" by buying the slug... :P

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

- Management

I was at the Penguins/Sabres game in Pittsburgh, and was tormented for wearing my Pominville shirt. They then ceaselessly tore on the new uni's.

I, for one, although don't enjoy the buffalo/slug that graces the front, I am a fan of the new color scheme. The gold and blue/white correlates back to the old uni's and I for one think that a new non-slug could make these uni's work.

There is no connection between quality of the team and quality of the uniforms. The difference is that it's really easy to have good uniforms while putting together a good team is a challenge.

Darcy Regier did his job. The Sabres are one of the top teams in the NHL. Larry Quinn, on the other hand, gave us the worst uniforms in the league by trying to sell a Pokemon logo to 12 year olds. Just how easy would it have been to get the uniform change right? Well, a bunch of amateurs on the internet have been cranking out great new blue and gold Sabres designs for years. So pretty damn easy......

There is no connection between quality of the team and quality of the uniforms. The difference is that it's really easy to have good uniforms while putting together a good team is a challenge.

Darcy Regier did his job. The Sabres are one of the top teams in the NHL. Larry Quinn, on the other hand, gave us the worst uniforms in the league by trying to sell a Pokemon logo to 12 year olds. Just how easy would it have been to get the uniform change right? Well, a bunch of amateurs on the internet have been cranking out great new blue and gold Sabres designs for years. So pretty damn easy......

But, but, but...the Sabres director of creative services said the original logo was TOO iconic to update it: <_<

"It was easier to start from scratch," said Frank Cravotta, Sabres director of creative services. "When your old logo is such an icon, it's hard to redo it."

Cravotta said the Sabres evaluated about 80 logo designs before settling on one. Then there were about 12 revisions before it was finalized.

Uhhh, not really, Frank.

The more I think about this, the more it stinks like Rbk had an idea with the way they wanted to go, and one way or another, Rbk and the league coerced the team into accepting this crap.

I think I want to see the 80 other designs and the slug before the 12 revisions, so I see what was rejected.

Either way, I cannot wait until the vintage jersey is darkened so I can pick up one of those.

STFU???

No. Never. Not until that thing dies!

P.S. What are the chances that Donald Trump buys the Bills after Ralph passes and puts "his likeness" on the Bills helmet. Oh No, we are DOOOMMED!! Oops. Wrong board.... :blush:

But, but, but...the Sabres director of creative services said the original logo was TOO iconic to update it: <_<

Uhhh, not really, Frank.

The more I think about this, the more it stinks like Rbk had an idea with the way they wanted to go, and one way or another, Rbk and the league coerced the team into accepting this crap.

I think I want to see the 80 other designs and the slug before the 12 revisions, so I see what was rejected.

Either way, I cannot wait until the vintage jersey is darkened so I can pick up one of those.

I had an angry post of my own about that very quote over on TwoBillsDrive. It makes so little sense that you really feel like you've drifted into Bizarro World when you read it. The original logo was too iconic so it was a good idea to change it because changing it was "easier." :blink:

BTW, some of the other 80 designs are out there. I can email a few of them to you if you're interested. The most interesting (IMO) was the original logo re-done as a shield with two sabres crossed over it.

Archived