Sabres Fans from different countries...

sNiCkeRZ

Hey there!

just found this board, seemed pretty nice so i decided to register.

Now my question is: are there any Sabres Fans here not living in the USA?

If so, how are the reactions from your surroundings?

I live in Germany. Quite a few people (let's leave all those soccer dudes beside) here are interested in Hockey. We've got our own league here. But when it comes to high class hockey, everyone takes a look at the NHL. At least we can watch around ~200 games per season here at TV. Better than nothing i guess. ;)

The thing that really sucks here is that often people aren't cheering for a team. Most of them just stick to players somehom. For example there are people here that love Peter Forsberg, so they change their favorite teams as he does. Same's true for Ovechkin, Crosby etc.

And even if there are people cheering for teams, it's as you could probably guess the popular ones.

Red Wings, avs, sens... some of them like the sharks because of the 3 german players that used to play there. since 03/04 there are calgary and tampa fans as well.

If you're a Buffalo fan ever since the only thing you get is being laughed at. Poor folks, aren't they? ;)

I'm really glad last season went so well, not only because i was really really glad as fan but as well because now at least some of them finally shut up!

So, are there any more people like me at thie message board? i'm just curious! There have to be some of them! :ph34r:

Forgive me for this off-topic talk and my bad grammar.

greetings from Cologne, Germany

Welcome to the Board! I know there are some Buffalo fans around deutschland namely because they are my family :P so we all root for each others teams. They Root for The Bills and Sabres and we root for Schalke 04 and FC Bayern (Some Family live in the North some in the South :P). I notice your from cologne and oddly enough aside from Hamberg and StuttGart thats like the only other major German City I haven't been to.

I notice your from cologne and oddly enough aside from Hamberg and StuttGart thats like the only other major German City I haven't been to.

I'd say Hamburg isn't worth a visit that much. Stuttgart is pretty nice. You should visit Cologne if you get the chance though. :) At least it's the city with probably the most hockey fans in germany. :)

@all: thx for the welcome! :)

I'd say Hamburg isn't worth a visit that much. Stuttgart is pretty nice. You should visit Cologne if you get the chance though. :) At least it's the city with probably the most hockey fans in germany. :)

@all: thx for the welcome! :)

I was in Cologne about a month before Christmas a few years ago. Very nice city....that Cathedral is simply spectacular.

Welcome!

Welcome Bro.

Get your ass over here to a game :D

....(and bring beer please).

I already got my ass "over there" several times for watching some games. :) When I was living with my parents (like 3 years ago) I told my mum that she HAS to see those awesome Niagara Falls because they are really really pretty and stuff... well, it worked! ;)

By the way: some people say germans are drinking beer all day, everything they do is drinking beer and... well, drinking some more beer. NO, it's no myth! It's the truth.

I personally don't like beer. I wouldn't know which one to bring along because they all taste awful to me. :)

I was in Cologne about a month before Christmas a few years ago. Very nice city....that Cathedral is simply spectacular.
You climbed all those stairs and made it to the top of the cathedral? I did this 2 times and I thought I'd die of leg pain.^^

And thx for even more "Welcomes" :)

Archived