TODAY!!!!

Corp000085

I just couldn't resist!

The opener has been sold out here in Raleigh for weeks. I noticed there are still plenty of seats available for the opener in Buffalo. What gives? You all were less than 20 mins from going to the finals and you can't sell out your opener? Maybe you need some Caniacs to make the drive up from Raleigh to help you sell out your arena!

Nah, just kidding! I know it's still football season, I never went to many Sabres games until after football season either. And yes, I know your attendance as a whole will be much better in Buffalo than in Raleigh. The Canes may win the opener at the box office, but hopefully it'll be the Sabres Stanley Cup banner that gets raised next year!

Go Sabres!

I just couldn't resist!

The opener has been sold out here in Raleigh for weeks. I noticed there are still plenty of seats available for the opener in Buffalo. What gives? You all were less than 20 mins from going to the finals and you can't sell out your opener? Maybe you need some Caniacs to make the drive up from Raleigh to help you sell out your arena!

Nah, just kidding! I know it's still football season, I never went to many Sabres games until after football season either. And yes, I know your attendance as a whole will be much better in Buffalo than in Raleigh. The Canes may win the opener at the box office, but hopefully it'll be the Sabres Stanley Cup banner that gets raised next year!

Go Sabres!

And if they don't you have 3 or 4 backup teams all lined up, right?

I just couldn't resist!

Go Sabres!

C'mon man, pick a team already.

In response to the sold out comment for Carolina... I know the Hurricanes website says their opening game is sold out... but when i go to the buy tickets section, I can still buy tickets to it.... what exactly is the definition of a sellout down there? more than 2,000 people?

In response to the sold out comment for Carolina... I know the Hurricanes website says their opening game is sold out... but when i go to the buy tickets section, I can still buy tickets to it.... what exactly is the definition of a sellout down there? more than 2,000 people?

Just beacause Ticketmaster says Find Tickets, On Sale Now doesn't mean there are any available. Try clicking on the link...

And if they don't you have 3 or 4 backup teams all lined up, right?

Nope, the Bisons and IceCaps no longer exist. So it's just 2 teams until they drop the puck on Wednesday night.

Congratulations on your 2000 posts! Has your slug jersey arrived yet? :blink:

i did, but thanks for the heads up buddy... still tickets on sale. try searching for tickets i have two saved in section 225 row sro- $85.00 each...

Interesting...

I get the following message.

At this time, there are no tickets available for this game.

Please visit www.carolinahurricanes.com for more information.

But after I ignore it and punch in 2 at Best Available I get the same thing as you did 2 in SRO. That is interesting and like I said before Genius! Thanks for the info...

Too bad I'll be working at the library. Oh well. I'll still be in the Sabres chatroom.

What better time for sweet revenge than in Carolina's home opener where they have their little Stanley Cup ceremony? B-)

I predict a big win by the Sabres. The Canes looked pretty lost in preseason and what the heck is JR doing trading away Jack Johnson? I hate that they couldn't get him to leave Michigan (but good for him to stay in school). I guess time will tell.

Go Sabres!

The opener has been sold out here in Raleigh for weeks.

Just curious...why does ticketmaster let me go here, http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/schedule/gamecalendar.asp , and click on Buy Tickets under the October 4th game ... I chose 1 ticket with best seat available and it said there was a seat ready for purchase in section 115 for $85. Is this a mistake or is the game really not sold out?

EDIT: whoops, you guys already did that....fishy huh?

Just curious...why does ticketmaster let me go here, http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/schedule/gamecalendar.asp , and click on Buy Tickets under the October 4th game ... I chose 1 ticket with best seat available and it said there was a seat ready for purchase in section 115 for $85. Is this a mistake or is the game really not sold out?

EDIT: whoops, you guys already did that....fishy huh?

I guess we've learned that we can ignore messages on the ticketmaster site and that it may pay off to keep clicking. Also, it looks like the Canes have begun releasing Game 1 tickets from some of their unsold season ticket packages. They like to hold seats as an incentive for potential season ticket holders.

Also, it looks like the Canes have begun releasing Game 1 tickets from some of their unsold season ticket packages. They like to hold seats as an incentive for potential season ticket holders.

So it's not really sold out, but "potentially" sold out. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be sweet to hear, "Let's Go Buf-fa-lo!" as the banner is being raised?

HockeyFan T, I'm just wondering what gives with your flashing avatar. Why would anyone supporting the Sabres also support the Hurricanes? Can you shed some light on this?

Also, in regards to the ticketing situation, I really don't feel that we can harp on Carolina until it's announced that we've sold out our home opener. I know it would be different if the Sabres were raising a banner Friday night, but c'mon, how can we bash them when there are still tickets available as of Tuesday afternoon?

HockeyFan T, I'm just wondering what gives with your flashing avatar. Why would anyone supporting the Sabres also support the Hurricanes? Can you shed some light on this?

Also, in regards to the ticketing situation, I really don't feel that we can harp on Carolina until it's announced that we've sold out our home opener. I know it would be different if the Sabres were raising a banner Friday night, but c'mon, how can we bash them when there are still tickets available as of Tuesday afternoon?

We did sell out the preseason game last week. Or so I heard.

Nope, the Bisons and IceCaps no longer exist. So it's just 2 teams until they drop the puck on Wednesday night.

Congratulations on your 2000 posts! Has your slug jersey arrived yet? :blink:

Interesting...

I get the following message.

At this time, there are no tickets available for this game.

Please visit www.carolinahurricanes.com for more information.

But after I ignore it and punch in 2 at Best Available I get the same thing as you did 2 in SRO. That is interesting and like I said before Genius! Thanks for the info...

Will your favorite team change as the scoreboard changes?

um, cause we can... when we DON'T sell out a game 7 before the day-of-event, we'll stop ragging on them!

Wow, how did you know the Laughing Skulls had our 1st practice tomorrow night? That's creepy. Are you stalking me boy? :lol:

You are always too negative. :lol:

Anyway.

It's weird. It's like just a continuation of last season.

Ruff said this morning that Vanek was in great shape. And I can't wait to see what this defense can do.

With six guys who can move the puck it's like the Oilers defense of the 80's. Style wise not accomplishments, before people jump off the "New Peace Bridge'.

Go Slugs :lol: :o ;)

Archived