One more reason to hate the new look

PASabreFan

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere -- it probably has been, but I can't get through all the posts. But Teppo Numminen points out how the dark arms on the away jerseys could make it hard in a tight spot for a Sabre to tell the good guys from the bad guys. Are you telling me players weren't even involved in the design process so a mistake like that wouldn't be made? I guess we fans shouldn't feel so bad.

This gets worse the more we learn.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere -- it probably has been, but I can't get through all the posts. But Teppo Numminen points out how the dark arms on the away jerseys could make it hard in a tight spot for a Sabre to tell the good guys from the bad guys. Are you telling me players weren't even involved in the design process so a mistake like that wouldn't be made? I guess we fans shouldn't feel so bad.

This gets worse the more we learn.

I don't think that passing to the wrong team because the Sabres are wearing blue arms will be a huge issue because the other team will be dealing with the same (but reverse) problem and they will only see the Sabres whites 1 - 4 times and the poor Sabres will have to see them 41 times. So the Sabres should be more used to the situation than their opponents will be.

A Loaf might see the arm of Drury in the ACC and send the puck to him because it looks in that split second like Drury's a loaf. Actually, if anything, the Sabres would be dumping the puck out of the zone more than passing it up as it appears there are no open Sabres, and the home team would be expected to put bad passes on the tape of a Sabre as it appears there are no Sabres.

I like this quote from the Sabres Director of Creative Services...

"It was easier to start from scratch," said Frank Cravotta, Sabres director of creative services. "When your old logo is such an icon, it's hard to redo it."

Cravotta said the Sabres evaluated about 80 logo designs before settling on one. Then there were about 12 revisions before it was finalized.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060917/1056514.asp

Yeah...whatever Frank. How could you even get these words out of your mouth when your head is so far up Quinny's ASS! <_<

PS How is it that they don't have a set of pants to match the 3rd jerseys. It just goes to show you, how f***ed up this whole process was.

"It was easier to start from scratch," said Frank Cravotta, Sabres director of creative services. "When your old logo is such an icon, it's hard to redo it."

Cravotta said the Sabres evaluated about 80 logo designs before settling on one. Then there were about 12 revisions before it was finalized.

Yeah...whatever Frank. How could you even get these words out of your mouth when your head is so far up Quinny's ASS! <_<

PS How is it that they don't have a set of pants to match the 3rd jerseys. It just goes to show you, how f***ed up this whole process was.

Come on, Labatt, all our more enlightened posters on here have told us time & again why there was no product for the press conference, why the store didn't have enough merchandise to sell, why the leaks were either planned or a blessing in disguise, and so on. While some of us want to crucify LQ & the marketing department for what a cluster-fugg this process have been, some (including those shills at WGR) seem to want to nominate him for executive of the year...

Actually, it probably WAS easier to start with something from scratch because if Reebok and the league want to go to "new sleek" uni's next year, they wouldn't want to see tradition followed. Since it appears no fans were consulted in the design process and the only people the Sabres were hearing from were the NHL and Reebok, I'm certain the design meetings ran much smoother by just going along with what the outsiders wanted.

What a darn shame. :(

Didn't the Sabres have black jerseys the last couple seasons that had Black sleeves? And Teppo thinks there is gonna be a problem passing because they have blue sleeves?

Maybe its time to hang up the skates if you feel this is going to be such a huge problem

Your not getting it they did have black jerseys with black sleeves for home games. Road games they had white with white sleaves.

If you look at the new jerseys both road and Jome have the same sleeves.

What this means is that when they are playing teams with similar dark colors on first glance you could mistake them for your team.

Is it me or do the blue on the pants not even match the new jerseys? It may be my monitor, but the jerseys are obviously navy and the pants look more like a greyish blue.

Archived