New Logo with Lettering

phildathrill83

I have avoided talking about all this logo BS on the boards cause i think it is a waste of time and a total overreaction by the fans. I dont hate the new logo, it reminds me a lot of the predators logo. It aint that bad. The reason i am replyiing to this post is to call on one of you photoshop experts to invert the colors on that logo posted so that the buffalo is Blue with a gold contrast. I sort of just want to see it and see if that is appeasing to any of you, or if it is the logo itself not the color scheme that has flipped people out. Does the damn thing get compared to a slug if it is blue instead of gold?

The Thrashers logo looks like it doesn't belong, either.

Well, it looks like s**t here there or anywhere. The "word marks" don't help. Looks like we're stuck with it for a few years. Hope they sell the old one too somewheres.

Agreed, LQ tried to tell us that the leaked logo was incomplete, it would look better with the wordmarks. If this is the final version, then I have to say "Sorry Larry - now it looks like a complete pile of crap, as opposed to an incomplete piece of crap."

I think I posted a few months ago on a thread that wan;t getting much play that to pacify everyone who wanted the crossed sabres incorporated into the logo they would either rush back and stick a sword or two under the slug or just the word "Sabres". There it is. Everyone that wanted some sabres in the logo got it. That Mr Quinn is such a clever lad!

...it reminds me a lot of the predators logo...

I don't understand why people keep saying this. It doesn't remind me of anything.

Did anyone catch the 6 o'clock news last night on channel 2? They had video of the Sabres rookies skating on the new ice with the new pads and pants. They also talked about the logo contoversy and even actually showed the Barney Rubble with the new logo on his head. I thought that was hilarious.

There are really a bunch of crappy logos. The Thrashers look like a Pelvic X-Ray of my Grandmother. The BlueJackets look like my driving path at 2 AM coming back from Chippewa. Minnesota has a bobcat who swallowed Christmas trees....and Vancouver has a Satanic Marineland creature jumping through a cruise ship window.

We really aren't bad.

It's not my favourite, but it looked not too bad with the lettering there.

It is what it is. No point in crying about it now. It's done. If people buy the stuff, we're stuck with it. If people don't buy it, then.........

But let's get over it already.

It doesn't change that we are the best team in the NHL and are on a Cup quest!

Anytime your logo needs to include words so you know WTF the logo is, it is never a good sign.

Hey, I wanted the original logo back. The only logo EVER that could name a team without words. But want I want and you want don't seem to matter just yet. Again, sales are for the new duds, they'll be gone. I certainly hope only the original jerseys, hats, etc are the only thing purchased, but I don't have the greatest faith in humankind.

Hey, I wanted the original logo back. The only logo EVER that could name a team without words. But want I want and you want don't seem to matter just yet. Again, sales are for the new duds, they'll be gone. I certainly hope only the original jerseys, hats, etc are the only thing purchased, but I don't have the greatest faith in humankind.

Somebody took all the rumors about the jersey and came up with this. Please, please tell me it won't be this bad...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/sc...new_concept.png

PS I found this link over at TBD!

Somebody took all the rumors about the jersey and came up with this. Please, please tell me it won't be this bad...

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n262/sc...new_concept.png

PS I found this link over at TBD!

That is really funny you mentioned that. I made that and posted it on the sabres.com forums. I agree: it is heinous and I pray all the rumors do NOT add up to that.

Get ready to hate me.

I can live with this logo. I would have liked a sabre in it. I would have liked some indication of legs on the buffalo. But, I'm feeling optimistic today. I'm hoping that when the full jersey is shown, it's gonna work.

BTW, I may be feeling optimistic because I watched the Sabres-Hurricanes, game 3 on NHL network tonight. Wow. That 2nd period needs to be framed and hung up in a gallery for all to see. It's sheer genius. I don't think I want Jillson on the team, like most of you, but when he layed one of those hurricane clowns out on the ice, the building went berzerk. And the play of the year, is when Lydman beats down that red-headed dork (Bath-robe boy) (BTW, I'm a red-head too), who then grabs Lydman for a delayed penalty, but Lydman fights through it, passes to (Afinogenov? Don't remember) who then passes to Kotalik for the goal that made it 4-1. Play of the Year.

I read yet another hockey rag up here in Canada that predicts the Sabres #1 over-all. I hate that. There's always some surprise, and I wonder if last year was the Sabres year. They were much better than the Canes, but a ridiculous injury streak sent them packing. I hope the Sabres win this year, or we're gonna be talking about last year for even longer than Brett Hull's goal.

Archived