When are you happier with your goalie?

hopeleslyobvious

Goalie question  

27 members have voted

1. 1. When are you happier with your goalie?

• When he stands on his head and loses a game 1-0.
    • When he has a poor performance but wins 6-5.

I guess I'm overthinking this. I've been staring at the question for two minutes. It's actually a no brainer. You're happier with the goaltender when he stands on his head. Of course. Unless it's one of those weird games where the goalie gets no support, a bunch of shots go in off the stone guy, the back board, Don Koharski's ample ass, and the goalie makes some huge saves at the end... but you say a "poor performance." Stand on head vs. fall on ass? SOH every time, baby.

I guess I'm overthinking this. I've been staring at the question for two minutes. It's actually a no brainer. You're happier with the goaltender when he stands on his head. Of course. Unless it's one of those weird games where the goalie gets no support, a bunch of shots go in off the stone guy, the back board, Don Koharski's ample ass, and the goalie makes some huge saves at the end... but you say a "poor performance." Stand on head vs. fall on ass? SOH every time, baby.

Personally, I never really think about it this way. All I care about is how the team does. I'll take a full season of 6-5 games if that's what it takes to win.

It is choice # 2 - it is simple psychology. Your goalie stands on his head, kicks out all but one shot on goal and loses because his teammates can't even get a single goal to force overtime. Bad for the psyche. If he lets in a few bad goals, but his teammates go out and get him a win, he feels better knowing they rallied behind him when he had a rough time. I'd be much happier with #2 - and a win is never bad....

-Ed ;)

Archived