Sabre Rattling

mdoak

Hello, this is matt from the Sabrerattling. Just wanted to get some opinions on what you think of the blog and what you guys would like to see next year. Some questions:

1. Do you read the blog?

2. Do you enjoy the posts?

3. What would make the blog better?

4. Anything you don't like about the blog?

for those of you who don't know, the address is www.sabresreport.com/blogs

Thanks!

i read the blog and think it's great. the posts are thoughtful and well written. my only suggestions would be a bit more frequent posting and not using "ta" as the signoff. the occasional blogosphere interview with a sabres representative would be awesome, but probably difficult to secure. worth trying though.

I read it and think it is a nice addition. I am at fault for not integrating it more tightly into the site, but we are undergoing top to bottom changes here and that will be addressed.

I think the content and topics are good. If I had advice to Tom specifically, I would say he could streamline his writing style to be a bit more concise. I also think there are way too many categories. If everything is a category, than nothing is...

Other than that, I hope to integrate many phases of the website into one cohesive unit by this season!

I think the content is good. Kudos to Tom and you for the slug picture every online Buffalo website linked to.

I also think it could be organized better.

--Use subcategories. If you are talking about Adam Mair, you are talking about the Buffalo Sabres. Uncategorized should never be part of a list of categories at the end of a post. It's probably the default, but you could change the default to the Buffalo Sabres.

--Move the Archive and Categories widgets below the Links and Resources widgets.

--Is a link to antiwar.com necessary in a sportspage? I don't go to a Sabres site for politics or vice-versa.

--Cut the number of posts per page or only give a paragraph of the article on the main page.

--Consider disabling the comments. That is what a message board is for.

SDS, I think your advice to Tom about making his writing style more concise is, in a word, execrable. :) The beauty of the blog, or the message board, or the fan site, or whatever, is that people can write to their heart's content without worrying about space, ratings/readership, political correctness and the like. If I want concisity or concision -- probably not real words, but it never stops Tom -- I will read USA Today. Tom can write 10,000 words and he will probably have many Sabre fans right there until the lugubrious end, because we are all starving for as much analysis and commentary as we can get. Write on, Tom, and keep ta-ing till the bitter end. Above all, never put down that thesaurus.

Archived