Less Leaf Fans = Louder Sabres Fans

elcrusho

I can't wait to see this....

maybee 1500-2000 leaf fans at the most in the arena

I love it

Cry because you can't get tickets at the Air Canada Centre! (Spell It right dammit) and they will cry because now they can NOT get tickets to a leaf game in Buffalo

Just puts a smile on my face

:D

Don't worry....they will find their tickets....I have heard from many people that they bought season tickets planning on selling their Montreal and Toronto tix on EBAY or Stubhub.....and guess who will be buying them....I hope it doesnt pan out like that but I have a feeling it would

Don't worry....they will find their tickets....I have heard from many people that they bought season tickets planning on selling their Montreal and Toronto tix on EBAY or Stubhub.....and guess who will be buying them....I hope it doesnt pan out like that but I have a feeling it would

I know it is heresy to say so, but I don't blame them. If I can get a large chunk of my ST total footed by someone else, then that is a pretty big incentive.

Last year I had the $10 seats and those would go for $50 pretty easily on a good night. I had scalpers offer me $40, so you know they were getting more.

You can go to 40 games for $400 ($600 this year), or 36 games for $200.

The best part of going to Leaf games is to see full fledged turbins in the stands. Who says those guys don't know how to have fun?

Well guys, the reality is that there will be some sabres fans selling their seats to leafs fans. That's life, and there's nothing we can do about it (face it guys, if you had a $50 ticket, and someone was offering you $200 for it, you'd sell it, no matter the color of his shirt). Although, there will be FAR FAR less toronto fans here this year than last year. When you increase the season ticket base by about 8,000 that's what happens!

I'm coming up (from Orlando) to WNY for the Bills/GB game and I'm planning to catch the sabres/leafs the night before. A friend, who still lives in WNY, is my contact for Sabres tickets. He said that when he called to get a box for that game, they wouldn't sell him one if he wasn't going to buy multiple boxes? This has never been a problem before? And when he said that he wasn't going to do it and asked for information on buying single tickets, he was told that if he wasn't going to buy a box then the representative wasn't going to help him with tickets???? Does this sound right??

My friend also told me that Sabres tickets have gone up quite a bit.

Does anyone have any information on this??

Jeff

I'm coming up (from Orlando) to WNY for the Bills/GB game and I'm planning to catch the sabres/leafs the night before. A friend, who still lives in WNY, is my contact for Sabres tickets. He said that when he called to get a box for that game, they wouldn't sell him one if he wasn't going to buy multiple boxes? This has never been a problem before? And when he said that he wasn't going to do it and asked for information on buying single tickets, he was told that if he wasn't going to buy a box then the representative wasn't going to help him with tickets???? Does this sound right??

My friend also told me that Sabres tickets have gone up quite a bit.

Does anyone have any information on this??

Jeff

Is it possible that it may have to do with the fact single game tickets are not on sale yet and thats why the representative could not do anything unless he bought multiple boxes?

The ticket cost did not go up much from last year, atleast not from what I have seen of the prices.

But this is what happens when you have a team that does well, ticket prices go up, game tickets are alot harder to get unless you have money or a buisness connection. Its just the way it goes when you are successful

Is it possible that it may have to do with the fact single game tickets are not on sale yet and thats why the representative could not do anything unless he bought multiple boxes?

The ticket cost did not go up much from last year, atleast not from what I have seen of the prices.

But this is what happens when you have a team that does well, ticket prices go up, game tickets are alot harder to get unless you have money or a buisness connection. Its just the way it goes when you are successful

Your thought makes sense. I'm still a little confused by what Jeff means by needing to buy multiple "boxes" but think you've hit on why his buddy couldn't buy a pair of regular seats.

Just for reference, for "gold" games, window prices are up 25%. "Silver" and "bronze" window prices are up 15%. And "value" window prices are up 5%. (They changed the pricing structure for 200 Ends, and 300 Level III & IV, so that isn't the case for non-"gold" games for those sections.)

Your thought makes sense. I'm still a little confused by what Jeff means by needing to buy multiple "boxes" but think you've hit on why his buddy couldn't buy a pair of regular seats.

Just for reference, for "gold" games, window prices are up 25%. "Silver" and "bronze" window prices are up 15%. And "value" window prices are up 5%. (They changed the pricing structure for 200 Ends, and 300 Level III & IV, so that isn't the case for non-"gold" games for those sections.)

Yeah, I thought when you bought a box it had to be for the whole year.

Archived