If Huet got 2 years at 5.75 mil from montreal

syr6987

millers contract is not gonna be cheap.....huet did not come on for montreal untill the end of the season and hes gettin good money.......miller played good throughout the season.....i expect him to get more than people think that he will, if not, hes gettin ripped off by comparing the huet contract

millers contract is not gonna be cheap.....huet did not come on for montreal untill the end of the season and hes gettin good money.......miller played good throughout the season.....i expect him to get more than people think that he will, if not, hes gettin ripped off by comparing the huet contract

Huet was going to be an UFA and Montreal's other goalie is Aebisher. That is why he got the $'s he did even though he's only had 1 strong NHL season under his belt.

Ryan is a RFA and will retain that status for 1 more off-season. I still think that Ryan will end up signing a 3 year deal for ~$2.5MM/year. If he doesn't sign something like that, I see him getting a 1 year deal for slightly less than $2MM ($1.8MM?) and then trying to clean the Sabres clocks for a $4MM/year deal next off-season.

Going from $500K to $1.5M is a 150% Raise....

He should'nt make more than that this year IMO

Next year I can see him breaking $2M (if he has another good season this year) that's how Darcy should play it

I agree with all of the above except that this would actually be a 200% raise.

Next year I can see him breaking $2M (if he has another good season this year) that's how Darcy should play it

I don't like looking at it at the % of raise a player is getting, but rather how much money the player is worth. I think Miller was getting a lot less than he was worth last year. So he is going to get a big raise %wise.

So Miller will accept roughly half a million less than his backup?

Considering that Miller has more playoff wins than Turco and Luongo combined (both are $6 million-a-year goalies), Regier should consider himself lucky to sign Miller for Huet money.

Considering that Miller has more playoff wins than Turco and Luongo combined (both are $6 million-a-year goalies), Regier should consider himself lucky to sign Miller for Huet money.

Miller is good, but he is not Luongo good...not yet at least. You need more than one good year behind you before your making 5-6MM a year. 6.5MM for 3 years would be a fair deal for Miller.

Miller is good, but he is not Luongo good...not yet at least. You need more than one good year behind you before your making 5-6MM a year. 6.5MM for 3 years would be a fair deal for Miller.

yeah, I don't think he meant Miller should get what Luongo is getting, just that Regier should be lucky to lock him up for about half that amount considering Miller already has a better playoff record then Luongo. No way Ryan make more then 3 mil next season, especially not after on one good year, but his agent is probably telling him to settle with a short term contract so that he can get Luongo money as soon as he becomes a UFA if he keeps playing like last year and isn't a one year wonder goalie like some have been recently

yeah, I don't think he meant Miller should get what Luongo is getting, just that Regier should be lucky to lock him up for about half that amount considering Miller already has a better playoff record then Luongo. No way Ryan make more then 3 mil next season, especially not after on one good year, but his agent is probably telling him to settle with a short term contract so that he can get Luongo money as soon as he becomes a UFA if he keeps playing like last year and isn't a one year wonder goalie like some have been recently

He still has some time before he's an UFA.

Archived