The last uniform thread...

Sabre Dance

Here is an interesting tidbit. Electronic Arts is releasing their "NHL '07" video game on September 14. Now, to be perfectly accurate, they would need to show teams dressed in their 2006-2007 uniforms. If you go to EA's website, they have "video" clips from the new game, showing how good the graphics are, etc. The teaser for the videos states "We highlight the 8 playoff teams that made the NHL Finals in these videos". Funny thing is, when you scan the teams there are only seven. Who is missing? The Buffalo Sabres! Obviously, the team is VERY serious about not revealing their new uniforms before September. (If EA has inserted some code into the game that prevents viewing the new Sabres uni's before September 24, I will be really freaked out).

-Ed :blink:

That is an interesting tidbit. I wonder how they are going to get around that. How would they would they set that up? Couldn't you just get around it by setting the time ahead to like November on your system to unlock the feature? Doesn't seem like a very secure method.

I think they will show us the uniforms before Sept 14...I guess, they will have to, right? I mean, they already screwed up by having the logo (partial?) leak early, now if NHL 07 shows the uniforms early I'd have to imagine they will be really pissed... Unless NHL07 will have the new uniforms locked and you can't use them unless you get a special code or something... that they will make available after the Sabres announce. who knows... it wouldn't surprise me if they screwed this up too and the uniforms are on the game 10 days early. That would be par for the course.

Channel 2 did a story on this a couple of days ago.

The makers of the game said that they will be in their white, red & black unis. They said the Sabres would not confirm a uniform change in time for their deadline, and they went ahead with using the old uniforms.

Channel 2 did a story on this a couple of days ago.

The makers of the game said that they will be in their white, red & black unis. They said the Sabres would not confirm a uniform change in time for their deadline, and they went ahead with using the old uniforms.

I would be really surprized if they don't do an online update. Seeing that you can buy extra levels for some games on Xbox live, I don't see any reason why they can't put a new uniform up.

Archived