Who takes the step back?

deluca67

Every year there are players that step up their game and players who step back.

Who of the young Sabres do you think is most likely to slide in year two?

I think Vanek is an easy choice. The season turned sour on him at the end. I'm not sure if his mature enough at this point to deal with the NHL pressure. ;)

My guess would be Max, or Ales. I don't think Vanek will, simply b/c Lindy has proved that he won't play until he figures out the NHL game and gives a complete effort at both ends of the ice. In fact, I think Vanek will struggle for the first few games, he'll spend a few in the press box, then the proverbial light will come on for him, and he'll get better as the season progresses.

Another candidate might be Connolly just because of his concussion issues. He might be scared to cut across the middle like he used to, and might result in him taking less chances.

I wouldn't be too concerned about tim, People questioned him after the first concussion and look at the season he had

Every year there are players that step up their game and players who step back.

Who of the young Sabres do you think is most likely to slide in year two?

I think Vanek is an easy choice. The season turned sour on him at the end. I'm not sure if his mature enough at this point to deal with the NHL pressure. ;)

I think Vanek will have a slow start, and pick it up in the second half of the year. He has done that almost every single year in his hockey career, why would this year be any different. ;)

I don't like this thread one bit. These are our guys, remember? If one of them screws up and it costs the team, fine. Let him have it. But to sit back and predict future failure is over the line.

And for the record Max and Vanek both had great years last year notwithstanding the late dropoff, and I expect each of them to keep taking steps up, not back.

I don't like this thread one bit. These are our guys, remember? If one of them screws up and it costs the team, fine. Let him have it. But to sit back and predict future failure is over the line.

And for the record Max and Vanek both had great years last year notwithstanding the late dropoff, and I expect each of them to keep taking steps up, not back.

How about Spacek, then? :ph34r:

Archived