Bills or Sabres

Buffalo Tendencies

Damn, I love football season, have for 25 years. But, I have never had true HOCKEY fever until now..... I have watched the Sabres for as long as the Bills. I almost, ALMOST, look forward to the Hockey season over the football season.. Can't even believe that those words would ever hit my brain, but this team is good. Darcy and MrG are doing it right... Mary will right the ship at the Ralph. So to the debate: I have Sunday Ticket and now Center Ice ( I ordeedr in midseason) and 4 kids. I can't keep both with $200 cable bill for 4-5 months.. My wife will leave me, kids will starve, guinue pigs will die.... What should I do?

I am leaning towards buying a case of Labbat (which I would have to search for and pay more for) and trying to hide when the bills come. I heard its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Simple Math...get Center Ice

82 Sabres Game

16 Bills Games

You can sneak around a few Sundays getting a Bills signal at a bar, but try explaining to your wife where you are going at 10:00 PM on a Wednesday when the Sabres are in Calgary.

82 Sabres Game

16 Bills Games

You can sneak around a few Sundays getting a Bills signal at a bar, but try explaining to your wife where you are going at 10:00 PM on a Wednesday when the Sabres are in Calgary.

Correctomundo!

Which team, this year, has a better chance of winning it all? Simple - The Sabres. Center Ice!

82 Sabres Game

16 Bills Games

This is one of the two points I was going to make. The other: depends on how much you like commercials and nonsensical sportscaster blather. If you really love commercials and listening to endless explanations of the most basic rules while waiting for another 4 seconds of action, then get the Ticket. Otherwise, Center Ice is it.

Plus, with Centre Ice when we're not on, you can watch the other games almost every night of the week. Even if we end screwed over and not getting a TV contract at least you might be able to watch the other teams broadcast. With football you're stuck with having the majority of games on one day at two time slots. And, for me at least, when the team sucks so bad that you can't stand watching, you won't feel like you wasted your money.

You definitely will get more bang for the buck with Center Ice, since it is the gift that keeps giving 7 nights a week instead of one afternoon per week. And, I agree that it is easy to sneak out to a bar to watch whatever game you want on Sunday afternoon, but it is much harder to find a bar showing game XYZ on Center Ice.

I'm also an equal fan of both the NHL and NFL, but when it comes to which package to get, Center Ice wins.

Damn, I love football season, have for 25 years. But, I have never had true HOCKEY fever until now..... I have watched the Sabres for as long as the Bills. I almost, ALMOST, look forward to the Hockey season over the football season.. Can't even believe that those words would ever hit my brain, but this team is good. Darcy and MrG are doing it right... Mary will right the ship at the Ralph. So to the debate: I have Sunday Ticket and now Center Ice ( I ordeedr in midseason) and 4 kids. I can't keep both with $200 cable bill for 4-5 months.. My wife will leave me, kids will starve, guinue pigs will die.... What should I do?

I am leaning towards buying a case of Labbat (which I would have to search for and pay more for) and trying to hide when the bills come. I heard its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Wow, I totally agree. I made this exact point a few months ago and I still cannot believe it. There is just something about this Sabres team that gets the juices flowin'!!!!!

Hockey is awesome, the sabres are great, but buffalo is still a football first town. That's not a knock on the sabres at all... The bills have just been around longer and have a deeper history. Right now the sabres are the hottest ticket in town because they're better and the bills suck... However, if the bills become awesome this year, you'll find out just how well the city can fully support the bills AND sabres at the same time. With that being said, if you're deciding between center ice and sunday ticket, get center ice and find a bar for sunday afternoons.

I'm sorta screwed... It will be financially tight to get both packages like i did last year, and my wife made the first payment on sunday ticket without asking if i'd want to cancel it.

However...

if you do the math in regards to sunday ticket at home or going to a bar and ordering wings, beer, pop, sandwiches, tip, etc. every sunday for 17 weeks you'd be suprised to know that you're probably saving money by just getting sunday ticket.

As for center ice, if you do the math, its like $1.10/sabres game. Definitly worth every penny.

Archived