Old School White Jersey

elcrusho

I think the fans deserve to see our team in the old school White jersey AT LEAST once this coming season at home...

Thnk of all the memories with it...

Plus I think they look better than the Blue jersey's IMO

Montreal can wear their white jersey, so I think we should be able to also...

Discuss.... :)

I'm sure no one will disagree with you but really we are lucky to be getting what we are ... I mean we wanted blue and gold and then we hated it and wanted the OLD blue and gold (and I do mean WE, I want it too!) ... so they gave us some old blue and gold and now we want the WHITE version of the blue and gold? I think we just need hockey, we are stressing way too much over the unis ...

The white sweater the Canadiens wear at home is actually their third sweater, and it is a different design that the white sweaters they normally wear. We're arguing apples and oranges here.

No we're not. He's saying that Montreal is allowed to wear a white jersey at home. Why can't somone else?

No we're not. He's saying that Montreal is allowed to wear a white jersey at home. Why can't somone else?

and what if we're "suprised" one or two games with the white jersey at home, like we were for fan appreciation day a few years ago? Now wouldn't that be truly awesome? Think of the marketing abilities!

We are arguing apples and oranges. The NHL is not disallowing the Sabres from wearing white at home. The issue is that the Sabres decided their third sweater would be blue. It is not a question of what the league is not allowing. It's a question of what the Sabres requested.

I even have a better idea. Let's focus less on what the new logo looks like and more on the fact that Darcy and the crew have had a damn good off-season. The Sabres could revert to the original uniforms AND give out free sweaters to every fan who attends the Sabres home opener, and it won't mean squat if they have a crappy season. If developing a new look in order to sell more merchanside gives them a few more bucks to resign free agents, I'm all for it. What's more important? The uniform, or how many wins the guys wearing the uniforms crank out?

Who is Arguing?

I'm with you EC... the whites are what everyone really wants.

It's like asking for Elvis to be raised from the dead, but instead of getting the 50's version, we get the fat, drooling slob of the 70's. :lol:

I'm with you EC... the whites are what everyone really wants.

It's like asking for Elvis to be raised from the dead, but instead of getting the 50's version, we get the fat, drooling slob of the 70's. :lol:

It seems like what the people want changes every day. First they wanted the colors, then they wanted the logo. Now they want the whites? What's next, John Gurtler?

I luv wearing my throwback blue jersey around town here in the winter. I always get great comments. I actually prefer this non-numbered blue jersey over my white (1990 #77 Pierre Turgeon) throwback.

It's all good, Blue & Gold !! B-)

As for that freakin' yellow Sluggalo....... :angry:

I will admit I prefer the white jersey over blue - but the blue & gold tradition lives on regardless! And both of them beat the current uniforms, and the slug.

Agreed, although I think I'm going to find a replica old white jersey to purchasew for this season. Might go with Mogilny...

If developing a new look in order to sell more merchanside gives them a few more bucks to resign free agents, I'm all for it. What's more important? The uniform, or how many wins the guys wearing the uniforms crank out?

All too true - the team can have the coolest looking uniforms in the league and if they wind up three wins out of a playoff spot, we're all going to be ticked.

That being said, in developing that new look to sell more merchandise, why wait three months after the team nearly went to the Finals to finally release it? Why not have the new stuff ready to start selling the week after the Finals are over (like the Ducks did)? Profits on three months worth of sales could have helped pay for either McKee or Grier...well, maybe. But why drag things out?

-Ed :blink:

Profits on three months worth of sales could have helped pay for either McKee or Grier...well, maybe. But why drag things out?

-Ed :blink:

Come on ... after the money they have spent the last couple weeks do you really think they even WANTED Grier? Where does he fit at that cost? Same with McKee at that price, they'd have to cut even more than they have to now. I know maybe I am nitpicking with your post (sorry it's late), but you are nitpicking with the Sabres on this one I think. They botched the logo thing, no doubt, but it hasn't hurt the on-ice product a bit.

Come on ... after the money they have spent the last couple weeks do you really think they even WANTED Grier? Where does he fit at that cost? Same with McKee at that price, they'd have to cut even more than they have to now. I know maybe I am nitpicking with your post (sorry it's late), but you are nitpicking with the Sabres on this one I think. They botched the logo thing, no doubt, but it hasn't hurt the on-ice product a bit.

I'm not saying that they could have (or should have) kept either Grier or McKee. I was really trying to say that for such a supposedly cash-strapped team, they don't seem to be trying very hard to maximize their monetary intake. You want to get some extra money from licensed merchandise sales? Strike while the iron is hot. Wait until just after the season is over and everyone is still excited over the playoff success, then reveal your team's new look. Bang! Stuff flies off the shelves. Three months later, after all the hoo-ha over the new logo, new age uniforms and whatever, plus it being football season, do you think the new logo stuff is going to sell as well? Maybe, but more likely no. Just very poorly executed for a major league team.

All that being said, I just want to see the team play well, make the playoffs and finish what they started last season. Let 'em wear sweats if they want....

-Ed ;)

I'm not saying that they could have (or should have) kept either Grier or McKee. I was really trying to say that for such a supposedly cash-strapped team, they don't seem to be trying very hard to maximize their monetary intake. You want to get some extra money from licensed merchandise sales? Strike while the iron is hot. Wait until just after the season is over and everyone is still excited over the playoff success, then reveal your team's new look. Bang! Stuff flies off the shelves. Three months later, after all the hoo-ha over the new logo, new age uniforms and whatever, plus it being football season, do you think the new logo stuff is going to sell as well? Maybe, but more likely no. Just very poorly executed for a major league team.

All that being said, I just want to see the team play well, make the playoffs and finish what they started last season. Let 'em wear sweats if they want....

-Ed ;)

Hey I hear ya, not arguing with any of that ... like I said, I was nitpicking, but your point is a great one without throwing McKee and Grier in there again.

We are arguing apples and oranges. The NHL is not disallowing the Sabres from wearing white at home. The issue is that the Sabres decided their third sweater would be blue. It is not a question of what the league is not allowing. It's a question of what the Sabres requested.

I even have a better idea. Let's focus less on what the new logo looks like and more on the fact that Darcy and the crew have had a damn good off-season. The Sabres could revert to the original uniforms AND give out free sweaters to every fan who attends the Sabres home opener, and it won't mean squat if they have a crappy season. If developing a new look in order to sell more merchanside gives them a few more bucks to resign free agents, I'm all for it. What's more important? The uniform, or how many wins the guys wearing the uniforms crank out?

yeah, i think i'm finally done bitching about unis. i'll buy my throwback briere when it comes out (darcy better lock the little bastard up this winter!)and watch with interest to see if the slug logo can sell any merch.

i think that i'm so happy to be getting our colors back, i'll quit fussing and worry about whether the team will will stay good.

Archived