Will Max's arbitration be like Briere's

RVJ

If he gets 5 million or more that will suck. There will be no way they pay him that

unless they turn around and trade him. I would think they would keep Briere

before Max at that salary. What do you think ?

If he gets 5 million or more that will suck. There will be no way they pay him that

unless they turn around and trade him. I would think they would keep Briere

before Max at that salary. What do you think ?

He won't get Briere $. I'm thinking $3.75 million. Max's points per game is signinficantly less than Briere's, and I'm guessing that was the main point of reference for the arbitrator.

I believe I pegged Briere's $5.0 million award right on the button so I'll give Max a try.

I'm guessing Max will be award $4.1 a year for two years.

My guess with JP is he'll get $2.6 million for one year.

My guess with Mair is does it really matter? 786k for one year.

I believe I pegged Briere's $5.0 million award right on the button so I'll give Max a try.

If they go to arbitration, and get these awards there is no way the sabres should sign either of these guys (I am making the assumption that Mair and mgmt will settle before arbitration at the last minute to buy the sabres more time with their other decisions).

As far as I'm concerned JP is worth no raise and should be dumped if he is awarded anything over 2 million.

I would like to see the sabres try to sign max long-term before heading into the hearing, but I am doubtful this will happen. Max may be worth 4MM to some teams, but not this one. He is exciting to watch and had a breakout year, but he still isn't a consistant finisher and takes many bad penalties. If we can get max for around 3MM next year the sabres should sign on the dotted line, otherwise they have more important fish to fry (signing Miller long-term and Briere for next year).

Max CAN'T get a 2 year arbitration award but I do expect to see the award he gets be somewhere between $4.0 - 4.2 and based on what I've seen for forward awards to date, I'll guess $4.2.

I'd expect JP will get ~$2.8.

Mair, yeah, probably something just shy of $800k sounds right.

If we can get max for around 3MM next year the sabres should sign on the dotted line, otherwise they have more important fish to fry (signing Miller long-term and Briere for next year).

WHAT'S MY MF'IN NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just happy he is signed, and especially for 3 years.

Let us not forget that Darcy has said he would wait till after all the arbitration hearings are over with before deciding if or whom he wants to trade. With regards to Danny Briere, I believe we may have unfortunately seen him for the last time in a sabres uniform. I really hope I'm wrong, but this is the way hockey as a business goes

Archived