Keep the Red And Black

FearTheReaper

ok i know most people like the blue and gold but lets face its the past. the red and black is the new era.it represents the new nhl as well as the team and the damn city.our team has done far better under these colors. not to mention that red and black are my favorite colors. leave the past behind and embrace the superior era

can we delete this thread right now?

no offense to those of you who like the red and black... but we don't need to show the organization any more non-uniformity on the uniform subject... because all that will get us is the slug

can we delete this thread right now?

no offense to those of you who like the red and black... but we don't need to show the organization any more non-uniformity on the uniform subject... because all that will get us is the slug

Isn't that censorship? Maybe people like the Black and Red, why don't they get a voice?

Maybe all of you fighting for the blue and gold should fight for the Red and black, cause maybe that is the only way not to get the rumored logo?

What exactly makes this a greater era? Is it the one Cup Finals appearance? The blue and gold has that. Is it Hasek? I'd say Perreault and LaFontaine swing that argument in favor of the blue and gold. I know, maybe you'd think more of the blue and gold if the Knoxes had declared bankrupcy at least once.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you're a teenager (and I'm not picking on you by saying this)

Isn't that censorship? Maybe people like the Black and Red, why don't they get a voice?

Maybe all of you fighting for the blue and gold should fight for the Red and black, cause maybe that is the only way not to get the rumored logo?

I don't see any way that we don't get stuck w/ the slug for the road whites, but I think it would be a shame to see the yellow slug on home blues more than 1 time to fill whatever contractual obligation they have when we have perfectly good blue and gold 3rds ready to go.

Hopefully they've already petitioned the league to change the "primary" logo again so we aren't stuck with a yellow grease stain for any longer than absolutely necessary.

I'm no teenager and I'd much prefer the red/silver and black. Even though I spent big $ getting one of Lafontaines number retiring sweaters...I much prefer the black/white and silver colours to the old blue and gold. Like the old logo a lot but the colours leave me looking for a tougher look and I think the red and black does that. As far as tradition goes.... until this franchise wins a cup, what tradition have we really got? The last two trips to the cup in the black and red(err sorry 1 trip and one should have been trip) were just as meaningful as the first time when in the blue and gold.

One thing for sure......the "leaked" logo won't be on any of my parafinalia in the near future any more than I will ever buy another sweater with a current players name on it again. They come and go now without rhyme or reason (Briere???)...better off to buy a Lafontaine or a Perrault..you can wear them forever with pride and screw the mechandise managers who just don't get it. Seems to me the Leafs and the Habs do pretty good selling merchandise without constant major revisions to the theme even though they have not always had banner years or respecful management.....all it takes is ONE CUP...sigh....please.....

Like a lot of other posters here, I thought switching the colors & logo were a good idea at the time, but I was seriously underwhelmed at what they came up with. I guess my main problems with staying red & black are these:

(A) They aren't the franchise's original colors, and the B&G is NOT a hideous combo, like say the Vancouver Canucks brown & yellow abominations;

(B) There are five other teams that feature red & black as main parts of their color schemes (Flames, Hurricanes, Blackhawks, Devils, Senators.) 13 teams have at least one black jersey; another 10 teams have a red jersey. A little bit of a black & red overkill in the NHL right now.

In contrast, only one other team features blue & gold (Nashville) as their primary colors; 10 have a blue jersey (various shades) while only two (Boston & Nashville) have a gold (yellow?) jersey.

{C} The black & red we have now is pretty boring, IMO. The all-black look at home is terrible; we look like a practice squad. Any time I have gone to see the team play in the new unis, I have always hoped to see them in the red jerseys, just to set off the black pants & socks. If we stayed red & black, it wouldn't kill me, but those unis need some tweaking as well.

(D) Despite the number of good memories I have of the team playing in R&B, I personally will always associate that color scheme with Adelphia, the Rigases, the bankruptcy, and how we almost lost the franchise. That in itself is enough to warrant a change back to the B&G, IMO.

As far as I am concerned, there was never a need to completely change the team's look. When Crossroads/MMA/HSBC/The Marina opened, it was the prime opportunity to update the team's tired uniform scheme to an updated color B&G scheme - a different design and an UPDATED (NOT COMPLETELY NEW) logo would have been perfect. Seems to me that this team is in danger of screwing the proverbial pooch (or crapping the proverbial bed, if you prefer) for the second time in 10 years on a uniform change.

All this being said, I wouldn't have a problem with the demonic goathead staying on the new B&G unis.

(A) They aren't the franchise's original colors, and the B&G is NOT a hideous combo, like say the Vancouver Canucks brown & yellow abominations;

I'm assuming you're talking about the giant V jerseys, but the the Canucks never wore brown and yellow. It was black, red, and yellow. By the way, I wish they'd go back to the last version of the black, red, yellow jerseys. The current "whale busting out of a giant C" logo has the be one of the dumbest logos I've ever seen (yeah, I realize that this is a setup for a slug comment).

In contrast, only one other team features blue & gold (Nashville) as their primary colors; 10 have a blue jersey (various shades) while only two (Boston & Nashville) have a gold (yellow?) jersey.

It's important to note that Nashville also features silver (or is it gray?) in their color scheme too. Oh, and its more of a puke yellow, definitely not gold.

I'm assuming you're talking about the giant V jerseys, but the the Canucks never wore brown and yellow. It was black, red, and yellow. By the way, I wish they'd go back to the last version of the black, red, yellow jerseys. The current "whale busting out of a giant C" logo has the be one of the dumbest logos I've ever seen (yeah, I realize that this is a setup for a slug comment).

It's important to note that Nashville also features silver (or is it gray?) in their color scheme too. Oh, and its more of a puke yellow, definitely not gold.

Boy, Shrader, you're awfully picky about my post... ;)

Anyway you're correct - I was thinking about the flying "V" uniform, and I can only blame late night stupididty in my defense.

As for Nashville - you are correct about the yellow - it isn't a true gold; my point was that there is only one other team with a similar scheme to our B&G, while it seems like everyone is wearing the black & red & white. This will sound like a broken record, but I really like Nashville's jerseys/color scheme, but their logo is pretty weak. Not as bad as the Thrashers logo, but still not great.

As far as I am concerned, there was never a need to completely change the team's look. When Crossroads/MMA/HSBC/The Marina opened, it was the prime opportunity to update the team's tired uniform scheme to an updated color B&G scheme - a different design and an UPDATED (NOT COMPLETELY NEW) logo would have been perfect. Seems to me that this team is in danger of screwing the proverbial pooch (or crapping the proverbial bed, if you prefer) for the second time in 10 years on a uniform change.

Thank you. I think this perfectly describes what most fans are feeling about the uniform issue.

All this being said, I wouldn't have a problem with the demonic goathead staying on the new B&G unis.

This I don't completely agree with. While the goathead is better than the slug, I still have never liked it due to there not being any sabres in the logo.

Boy, Shrader, you're awfully picky about my post... ;)

Anyway you're correct - I was thinking about the flying "V" uniform, and I can only blame late night stupididty in my defense.

As for Nashville - you are correct about the yellow - it isn't a true gold; my point was that there is only one other team with a similar scheme to our B&G, while it seems like everyone is wearing the black & red & white. This will sound like a broken record, but I really like Nashville's jerseys/color scheme, but their logo is pretty weak. Not as bad as the Thrashers logo, but still not great.

Wouldn't the Blues be considered to have a b&g scheme as well?

Wouldn't the Blues be considered to have a b&g scheme as well?

, Shrader, you're killing the main points of my late-night rambling by nitpicking. Yes, the Blues have a mainly blue scheme that features gold trim, happy? You're killing me here, Mr. Blackwell... ;)

, Shrader, you're killing the main points of my late-night rambling by nitpicking. Yes, the Blues have a mainly blue scheme that features gold trim, happy? You're killing me here, Mr. Blackwell... ;)

While it is an honor to be confused with dave, unfortunately, I did not write that post. Woohoo! Even more nitpicking!

Archived