Jeanneret name pronunciations for

LabattBlue

It was definately a new pronunciation for Henrik. I don't believe I ever recall his pronunciation of Toni Lydmon.

This is my first season with Center Ice and I rarely get the Sabres feed, although I have now gotten it for the last two Sens games. Maybe I need to listen to the opposing broadcasters because it isn't worth it to watch the Sens carve up the Swordsmen.

Lorentz tried to explain why the names were changed (pronounced) but the play continued and he couldn't do it right in the middle of the action. I'm curious as to why the change? Anybody???

I don't know for sure why Rick changed his pronunciations, but I do know that Rick has stated in the past that he asks all the Sabres opponents that haven't played in a game he broadcasted how THEY pronounce their names before the game so he can try to get the pronunciations right.

My guess is that way back when, when Rick asked Henrik how to pronounce his name he misheard it and it took this long for Henrik to mention something to him. And something similar for Qua-Luudman. I'd guess that Rick asked him if he pronounces the name Lid-man and Toni said yes. I also expect that the Europeans are so used to people in the States butchering their names that it doesn't bother them as much as it bothers Rick when he butchers their names.

Archived