Mike Gilbert on WBEN

That Aud Smell

Instead they got an updated version of the buffalo head. And really, did people actually want an update of the original? All that was ever thrown around were the words blue and gold. No one ever said anything about the logo.

"A return to the blue and gold" in essence implied a return to something resembling the original logo.

Instead they got an updated version of the buffalo head. And really, did people actually want an update of the original? All that was ever thrown around were the words blue and gold. No one ever said anything about the logo.
Your kidding, right? That is the most B.S. statement anyone could make. Poll 100 people, 99 would think it includes the original logo.

I wish I could get this post to Mike Gilbert. I just got back from my 5 year old son's soccer game. The parents are for the most part in the 30- 40 range. During the game, the conversation turned to the new Sabres logo. Before long, the entire sideline was caught up in the conversation of how much we all hate it and will not purchase anyhting with the new logo.

I have to imagine that this conversation is going on all around Western New York. They really need to get their logo out of their arses and start paying attention to the people around WNY who only wanted a minor update of the old blue and gold.

What was everyone cheering, myself included, when the Sabres came out in the old uniforms that day? Just the colors? Not the logo? Puh-lease. The Sabres gave the fans the distinct impression there would be a return to the old look, logo included, and now they've sh*t the bed and are, in the words of Mike Robitaille, in a real jackpot. That proposed logo looks like a hound's breakfast. :) All bow before the greatness of Roby!

I agree about Vegas avatar. That would work. So would yours Preds. Any logo that used the original logo as inspiration would have been accepted, if not adored. For all this talk about "no one is ever happy," in this case it would have taken very little to make people happy. Now, we might have nitpicked with the design, granted. For example, in Vegas logo, I think the sabre handles are too big and the buffalo is too small. I'd have the head of the buffalo charging in front of the sabre, to give it more dimension. But those would be relatively minor flaws compared to the flaws in the mucousy abomination.

Wow. Shrader. That's really splitting hairs. I almost feel like we're talking to former President Clinton. "Depends what the definition of is is." "I never touched that woman! She touched me!"

"The blue and gold" is a reference to the original team uniform, including the logo.

You must be a lawyer. A defense attorney, perhaps. :)

Wow. Shrader. That's really splitting hairs. I almost feel like we're talking to former President Clinton. "Depends what the definition of is is." "I never touched that woman! She touched me!"

"The blue and gold" is a reference to the original team uniform, including the logo.

You must be a lawyer. A defense attorney, perhaps. :)

I'm just looking back on it now that we know about this logo. All that was ever mentioned was the colors.

For example, in Vegas logo, I think the sabre handles are too big and the buffalo is too small. I'd have the head of the buffalo charging in front of the sabre, to give it more dimension. But those would be relatively minor flaws compared to the flaws in the mucousy abomination.

Yeah, my logo is a basic concept I had of the original. I used the current alt jersey logo Sabre swords, which are rather large. I just stuck in a modified charging WHITE Buffalo while having it moving in a different direction (thus the symbolism of our team now moving in a new direction). Like you said, people would have been accepting of any logo built upon the original. There would have been discussions, but not the uproar that the yellow logo has created.

I also apologize to Shrader, I know he meant well but just think that a very high % of people include the concept of the original logo as part of the Blue & Gold being brought back.

Archived