John Rigas sighting

PASabreFan

The moment Adelphia went public, it ceased to be his company. Everything he did after that point was subject to Federal scrutiny, and he lost that fight. It wasn't his money to play with.

That is correct and that is why he is a convicted criminal.

In his defense though, he built the company up from nothing and WAS the owner of it for a long time. While he was the owner, he could do pretty much what he wanted to with it and it's cash flows. He had sent his boys to top ranked business schools to help him run the company. THEY (and John's lawyers and accountants) knew that the old man couldn't treat the company like his own private piggy back after it went public but apparently did nothing to stop him. The most likely reason that they didn't stop him is that Timmy was stealing from the company and it looks like Mikey was as well. (It's kind of hard to tell the old man that what he wants to do is against the rules when what you are doing is far worse.)

I've always suspected that John expected that his sons would advise him and keep his dealings legit. (I could be totally off base, but that's MHO and I'm sticking to it until I see evidence to the contrary.)

But he was a great veteran!!! I guess there are no veterans to honor other than ones who decided to put an exclamation point on their life by embezzling millions of dollars from the company they ran into bankruptcy.

What a great role model. His children should be proud of him. Oops...I forgot. His children are crooks too!

Only Timmy and Mikey. It's not like they ALL are on their way to jail.

Plenty of things to rehash before the season starts...

-No new Peace bridge...still :o

-WNY population continues to shrink! ;)

-City and county under control board rule. :angry:

-NFTA trying to get in the waterfront development business? That's right folks...our agency responsible for buses and a subway that goes nowhere wants to be a waterfront developer! :blink:

That's just for starters. Maybe we can have a non-hockey topic of the day. B-)

At least these are all current events that are relevant ... I want to talk about Rigas again like I want to talk about the Schoenfeld-Gare for Foligno-McCourt trade ... uh-oh, sorry I brought it up ... never mind.

At least these are all current events that are relevant ... I want to talk about Rigas again like I want to talk about the Schoenfeld-Gare for Foligno-McCourt trade ... uh-oh, sorry I brought it up ... never mind.

OK, then how about the Savard, McKegney, Sauve, & a 3rd for Cloutier & a 1st trade? <_<

Isn't this fun? :P

Don't forget Brent Peterson :D

Coming soon - a thread to thank Tim McVeigh for his military service.

I thank him for his service to the country. It's what he did after he got out that was the problem. Kind of like George Bush, who left his able defense of the skies over Alabama to eventually make McVeigh look like an amateur, killing-innocents-wise.

I thank him for his service to the country. It's what he did after he got out that was the problem. Kind of like George Bush, who left his able defense of the skies over Alabama to eventually make McVeigh look like an amateur, killing-innocents-wise.

I better not comment or SDS will bitchslap me again...

More on the WWII ceremony Rigas attended in Bradford, PA

Archived