Breaking news -- Brian Campbell signs multi-year deal

nfreeman

Anyway, now that we know Brian TRIPLED his salary after one good season, I'm surprised the resident bean counters aren't in a tizzy. (And weren't in a tizzy when Andrew Peters was signed for half a million, an amount over which they would have been content to let Jay McKee go, to make a point.) What precedent does this set? If Campbell gets a 300% raise, then what does Tallinder, our top defenseman, get? 400%? 600%? 800%? I mean, how WILL Golisano afford it? The poor guy has a right to make some money, after all.

And, no, I am not unhappy with the deal. I wish it was longer, but that's probably the best Darcy could do. I enjoy seeing these guys cash in and just hope they still are playing for their next contract in the fall. Open the Paychex-book! I love it.

Anyway, now that we know Brian TRIPLED his salary after one good season, I'm surprised the resident bean counters aren't in a tizzy. (And weren't in a tizzy when Andrew Peters was signed for half a million, an amount over which they would have been content to let Jay McKee go, to make a point.) What precedent does this set? If Campbell gets a 300% raise, then what does Tallinder, our top defenseman, get? 400%? 600%? 800%? I mean, how WILL Golisano afford it? The poor guy has a right to make some money, after all.

And, no, I am not unhappy with the deal. I wish it was longer, but that's probably the best Darcy could do. I enjoy seeing these guys cash in and just hope they still are playing for their next contract in the fall. Open the Paychex-book! I love it.

The issue to me is not how much of a percentage raise did he get, but is he worth the price we're paying. Campbell is definately worth the price we paid. McKee is not worth the price that St. Louis paid. And as for Peters, seeing that he is slightly above the league minimum, there really isn't much reason to complain about how much he is making.

:D

The issue to me is not how much of a percentage raise did he get, but is he worth the price we're paying. Campbell is definately worth the price we paid. McKee is not worth the price that St. Louis paid. And as for Peters, seeing that he is slightly above the league minimum, there really isn't much reason to complain about how much he is making.

Oh my good lord, I agree with your entire post. See, anything is possible! :D

Archived