Teppo's 06-07 salary...

LabattBlue

I saw it reported on another Sabres board that Teppo's 06-07 salary is 2.6 mil. A 600k raise for a 39 year old dman? WOW. I'm not sure if Darcy panicked, but I would have thought that Teppo could have been had for roughly the same amount as last year. I guess I was wrong. Darcy must not think as much about Paetsch and Jillson as some posters here believe.

I saw it reported on another Sabres board that Teppo's 06-07 salary is 2.6 mil. A 600k raise for a 39 year old dman? WOW. I'm not sure if Darcy panicked, but I would have thought that Teppo could have been had for roughly the same amount as last year. I guess I was wrong.

Hey, at least as some would put it "Darcy got it done"

I also think it's inevitable that UFAs from a team that had a great year and a great playoff run are going to be somewhat inflated in price. This was the case for both McKee and Grier, IMHO.

It doesn't just stop with UFA's, RFA's are going to be able after inflated prices to, Only the teams have a upper hand in negotiations with RFA so they tend to not get the big money yet.

I also think it's inevitable that UFAs from a team that had a great year and a great playoff run are going to be somewhat inflated in price. This was the case for both McKee and Grier, IMHO.

You are right, but I would think that the 39 year old defenseman would be an exception to the rule.

You are right, but I would think that the 39 year old defenseman would be an exception to the rule.

He actually turned 38 this past Monday. Besides that, he had 40 points last year (20 on the power play), and was a +6. He was the 2nd highest scorer for defensemen behind Campbell, who had 44 points, but was a -14.

He actually turned 38 this past Monday. Besides that, he had 40 points last year (20 on the power play), and was a +6. He was the 2nd highest scorer for defensemen behind Campbell, who had 44 points, but was a -14.

My mistake on the age, but still a little more than I would like to spend on a guy that old. That being said, Darcy didn't have a lot of alternatives other than to find a dman via trade.

My mistake on the age, but still a little more than I would like to spend on a guy that old. That being said, Darcy didn't have a lot of alternatives other than to find a dman via trade.

That is still a lot of production. Especially when you compare him to our previous 'old' guy, James Patrick. :)

Archived