Sabres matched San Jose's offer

mayers21

per WGR talking to Darcy Regier. I guess family considerations sent Mike West instead.

This is good to know, becuase people have been all over Darcy for being too cheap because of the reasonable contract Grier got from San Jose. Looks like that was not the case after all.

per WGR talking to Darcy Regier. I guess family considerations sent Mike West instead.

This is good to know, becuase people have been all over Darcy for being too cheap because of the reasonable contract Grier got from San Jose. Looks like that was not the case after all.

The Sabres have players they want to sign. But they are not going to throw everything away and overpay. ;)

From wgr55.com website...

Regier also offered comment on losing Mike Grier to the San Jose Sharks earlier today. He believes that family considerations were the primary factor in Grier's decision to head west, as Grier's wife has a brother who lives in San Francisco.

He says the Sabres were willing to match both the length and terms of San Jose's contract offer (3 years, $5.3 million) but that Grier opted to leave nonetheless. According to Regier, the Sabres "wanted him back badly."

Regier also offered comment on losing Mike Grier to the San Jose Sharks earlier today. He believes that family considerations were the primary factor in Grier's decision to head west, as Grier's wife has a brother who lives in San Francisco.

He says the Sabres were willing to match both the length and terms of San Jose's contract offer (3 years, $5.3 million) but that Grier opted to leave nonetheless. According to Regier, the Sabres "wanted him back badly."

Maybe we can get Peca back under "family considerations".

this is ridiculous...this team is absurd. we were this close the Cup and we lost out to family considerations. what next - somebody has a desire to return to a different climate? if only Darcy had flown in Grier's wife's brothers girlfriend for that alumni game/mixer last year none of this would be happening....i rue the day we picked up darcy regier.

oh, and also does anyone know anything about these new jerseys?

:rolleyes:

this is ridiculous...this team is absurd. we were this close the Cup and we lost out to family considerations. what next - somebody has a desire to return to a different climate? if only Darcy had flown in Grier's wife's brothers girlfriend for that alumni game/mixer last year none of this would be happening....i rue the day we picked up darcy regier.

It has nothing to do with Regier. Look at what Pronger just pulled... family consdierations and that's after losing Game 7 of the final.

Wow, these athletes really do live in a dream world. They make millions, they get 41 cracks at cheating on their wives on out of town business, AND they get along with their in-laws and families so well that they just can't bear to be far from them. It's a freakin' dream life.

By contrast, I make next-to-nothing, I couldn't get my wife out of my hair long enough to get to the corner-store and back, and my family wouldn't visit us if God him/her self showed up to sign autographs and regale us with glorious tales of the after-life.

It has nothing to do with Regier. Look at what Pronger just pulled... family consdierations and that's after losing Game 7 of the final.

Internet rumor is Pronger knocked up a reporter and his wife then decided she had enough of Edmonton. Again just a rumor on the internet, so take it for what it's worth.

ogie - it was sarcasm my friend. i've grown tired already of the calls for regier and golisano's head b/c we have not signed chara, weight, and elias while letting go of some of these guys.

sincerely,

player/coach reggie dunlop

Wow, these athletes really do live in a dream world. They make millions, they get 41 cracks at cheating on their wives on out of town business, AND they get along with their in-laws and families so well that they just can't bear to be far from them. It's a freakin' dream life.

By contrast, I make next-to-nothing, I couldn't get my wife out of my hair long enough to get to the corner-store and back, and my family wouldn't visit us if God him/her self showed up to sign autographs and regale us with glorious tales of the after-life.

Funniest damn post I've read in a while.

Yeah, I laughed out loud too.

Listen, homies, let's get it real on the down low, bling bling. Family considerations had little to do with Grier's decision to go to San Jose. And I don't think Darcy said that. I think he used the words "better fit." Grier's decision is explained in today's paper when he says there was too much "uncertainty" in Buffalo. The players don't like the direction this franchise is going, and at least one said screw the money, I'm outta here. Here's what I'm worried about. Do these guys know something we don't? First Briere and now Grier. Something about the TV contract perhaps, or an actual dollar figure that Golisano is willing to invest in the team or news that Paychex has 2.4 billion dollars in off the books debt? :)

"We wanted him back badly," said Darcy. Did he try to sweeten the pot a little?

Yeah, I laughed out loud too.

Listen, homies, let's get it real on the down low, bling bling. Family considerations had little to do with Grier's decision to go to San Jose. And I don't think Darcy said that. I think he used the words "better fit." Grier's decision is explained in today's paper when he says there was too much "uncertainty" in Buffalo. The players don't like the direction this franchise is going, and at least one said screw the money, I'm outta here. Here's what I'm worried about. Do these guys know something we don't? First Briere and now Grier. Something about the TV contract perhaps, or an actual dollar figure that Golisano is willing to invest in the team or news that Paychex has 2.4 billion dollars in off the books debt? :)

"We wanted him back badly," said Darcy. Did he try to sweeten the pot a little?

Right.

What?! The press out here wants to drop this thing like a hot potato, I'll tell you that. We're getting no word on what happened to inspire this request. Where did you hear this rumor? On an Oilers chatroom? Just curious.

Like I said, just rumors, but I've heard it in a number of different places (internet).

See, you're coming around. Stick with me, Regis, and you can learn a lot.

I just think you're too quick to jump to conclusions with the conspiracy theories. Maybe I'm not quick enough. So far the only thing that Darcy has done to lose players is not overpay for McKee. If he matched SJ's offer, you can't really blame him.

What?! The press out here wants to drop this thing like a hot potato, I'll tell you that. We're getting no word on what happened to inspire this request. Where did you hear this rumor? On an Oilers chatroom? Just curious.

Rabbit...now I've heard that said female reporter has issued a statement denying any connection to pronger and any further slander or defamation will result in legal action. Don't know what to make of it.

http://microbano.blogspot.com/

agreed i feel your pain and direct it towards the collective group of players who think life is so tough for them... poor guys <_<

I can see it now, three years down the road. Maury Povich hosts another one of his "I'm not the daddy" episodes.

There sits a distraught Edmonton hockey reporter, having a tough time making ends meet, and no father for her child to help financially.

In the green room, shots of Chris Pronger shaking his head and scoffing as he listens to her comments to Maury. And then the shot of the adorable little 3 year old. The crowd sighs and Maury promises DNA testing to be revealed at the end of the show.

And then it happens...someone makes the wee child giggle, then smile, revealing a gap between the front teeth big enough to drive one of those new electric cars through.

Chris Pronger is traded back to Edmonton within minutes.

Archived