Doesn't Look Like Sabres Will Play in Rochester in 06-07

Taro T

I just got my invoice for next year's tix and the invoice is for 41 games. Unless Tommy is planning on sending me a refund, the Sabres will be playing 41 home games in HSBC and 0 in Ra-cha-cha.

This is good for those of us concerned about the team's finances, as he can make a lot more money in HSBC than he can in the War Memorial.

It's kind of too bad for the Ra-cha-cha fan, but they probably doomed themselves when the War Memorial was only 2/3's filled for the Caps game. As Tom has to get the league's (and opposing team's) approval to play outside of HSBC, it isn't too terribly surprising that the Sabres are staying in their normal barn.

I just got my invoice for next year's tix and the invoice is for 41 games. Unless Tommy is planning on sending me a refund, the Sabres will be playing 41 home games in HSBC and 0 in Ra-cha-cha.

This is good for those of us concerned about the team's finances, as he can make a lot more money in HSBC than he can in the War Memorial.

It's kind of too bad for the Ra-cha-cha fan, but they probably doomed themselves when the War Memorial was only 2/3's filled for the Caps game. As Tom has to get the league's (and opposing team's) approval to play outside of HSBC, it isn't too terribly surprising that the Sabres are staying in their normal barn.

The last time they played here, nobody wanted to see them come back. Worst. Game. Ever.

Good, i hated that rochester gimmick. If tom golisano wants to make the sabres a regional franchise, BUY the amerks and have them play in buffalo for a few games.

I like that idea. Plus give Sabres season ticket holders a chance to buy those Amerks games in Buffalo at a good rate...so it promotes the Amerks and gives everyone to get a sneak peek at the prospects in Rochester.

ok, i'm being honest... i do not want to do the research... But hopefully someone else does. How much does the amerks franchise cost?

By the way, if the bass pro deal goes south, how cool would it be for the AHL Buffalo Daggers to host their home games in the aud?

More like 9,000. Minor-league all the way, fitting for Rochester. F*** them. Let Smugtown get all gaga for soccer and women's golf. Weirdos.

PTR

Not so sure about that

The maximum capacity for hockey-games was increased to 11.200 from 7.250 prior to the renovations.

...I have to agree about the soccer and LPGA - :(

ok, i'm being honest... i do not want to do the research... But hopefully someone else does. How much does the amerks franchise cost?

By the way, if the bass pro deal goes south, how cool would it be for the AHL Buffalo Daggers to host their home games in the aud?

When the Mmarena was built, one of the terms on the note was that the Aud would no longer be used for sporting events or concerts. The bank wanted to make certain that there were enough revenues in the Mmarena to make payments on the note.

The terms might have been modified during the bankruptcy, but I did not hear of any changes.

When the Mmarena was built, one of the terms on the note was that the Aud would no longer be used for sporting events or concerts. The bank wanted to make certain that there were enough revenues in the Mmarena to make payments on the note.

The terms might have been modified during the bankruptcy, but I did not hear of any changes.

Not a good idea on a number of points.

1) Sabres don't need any competition for revenue, even with itself. There aren't enough overflow fans to supprt a second team. Both teams would suffer.

2) Why spend the money on maintaining a second building when you have open dates at HSBC? You can't just lay a sheet of ice and play at the Aud. That building is probably in rough shape.

PTR

Archived