Rhett to Return?

Rayzor32

Evidently we're talking trade with Calgary -- we've got a surplus of forwards, they've got a surplus of blueliners...and the Flames are one team not afraid of dealing with Darcy (i.e. Drury and Lydman)...other than Roman Hamrlik's $3.5MM, which we'd never pay, Rhett's salary is the next highest at $1.9 MM -- low enough for us to absorb, and high enough for Calgary to want to dump -- they've got several good young cheap defenders.

I could see this as an attemp to a) appease fans who were pissed that we traded him, and b) show some love to McKee -- we may lowball you with our offer, but you'll get to stay in Buffalo and skate with your buddy again..

As long as we didn't give up a major cog, I'd be all for it -- perhaps for Kotalik or Pyatt?

Rhett was a +7 this season with 3 g and 3 a, so it looks like he adapted to the new rules well...

Evidently we're talking trade with Calgary -- we've got a surplus of forwards, they've got a surplus of blueliners...and the Flames are one team not afraid of dealing with Darcy (i.e. Drury and Lydman)...other than Roman Hamrlik's $3.5MM, which we'd never pay, Rhett's salary is the next highest at $1.9 MM -- low enough for us to absorb, and high enough for Calgary to want to dump -- they've got several good young cheap defenders.

I could see this as an attemp to a) appease fans who were pissed that we traded him, and b) show some love to McKee -- we may lowball you with our offer, but you'll get to stay in Buffalo and skate with your buddy again..

As long as we didn't give up a major cog, I'd be all for it -- perhaps for Kotalik or Pyatt?

Rhett was a +7 this season with 3 g and 3 a, so it looks like he adapted to the new rules well...

Where are we evidently talking trade with Calgary? Is there a link?

I would think it would be a contingency plan for McKee's departure. If we somehow bring in Warrener AND keep McKee, I assume they are banking on Teppo not being back. Then I guess the D-pairings would shake out like this: Tallinder-Lydman, McKee-Warrener, Campbell-Kalinin. I assume Janik and/or Paetsch would be the no. 7 in that scenario. Am I fogetting someone?

I would think it would be a contingency plan for McKee's departure. If we somehow bring in Warrener AND keep McKee, I assume they are banking on Teppo not being back. Then I guess the D-pairings would shake out like this: Tallinder-Lydman, McKee-Warrener, Campbell-Kalinin. I assume Janik and/or Paetsch would be the no. 7 in that scenario. Am I fogetting someone?

Don't count Funk out yet.

He's young, but has an outside shot.

http://hockeysfuture.com/prospect/michael_funk

Where are we evidently talking trade with Calgary? Is there a link?

I'm with Fushetti on this one. I'm not believing anything about this team until it is done, has been in the press for several days, and then I see it on the ice. Hell, when they do the new jerseys I won't even believe it until I see it on the ice.

I was on too much of an emotional rollercoaster during the playoffs with all of the injury reports/misinformation/speculation.

Jeff Jillison

Jeff Jillison

Nope - didn't forget him. ;)

Actually I don't think he is in the team's long-range plans. Maybe he plays as the no. 7 for a year until Paetsch/Janik are ready for more time with the big club, but after that, I don't think he stays with the organ-eye-zation.

Archived