The BEST of 2005-2006 Here is mine

navybillsfan

I got to go with the Peter giving the Leaf's a preview of their golf season....

"And OH MY! Peter's is golfing in front of the Leaf's bench! Oh, now the refs are showing him the door"

I will keep that on TIVO, great game!

That was a classic

Of all the great "hockey moments" that happened during the 05-06 season, your favorite is Peters being a classless jerk?? :huh:

My favorite Peters moment is one in the future, when the Sabres tell him that he is not being offered a new contract. ;)

Peters had one of those moments that we'll all remember...

however, my top three reg. season moments was the briere ot game against the sens, the philly afternoon game when grier scored the winner with like 2 seconds to go, and the thomas vanek "dean youngblood" shootout winner on hasek.

Zhitnik taking two late penalties against The Sabres on Long Island, resulting in gametying and gamewinning goals.

I was watching the game with a buddy, and remember saying to him that since it was Zhitnik in the box, The Sabres couldn't avoid scoring. We laughed a lot about the first one, but basically only felt the pain of the many times "44" had turned the same trick for Buffalo when the gamewinnner was fired home on the second PP.

Only three things in life are certain - taxes, death, and Zhitnik in the box late in the third is a sure goal.

This one, I consider poetic justice.

Ah yeah, it is...

Came with that classic typical Leaf ass beating that we all enjoyed!

Of all the great "hockey moments" that happened during the 05-06 season, your favorite is Peters being a classless jerk?? :huh:

My favorite Peters moment is one in the future, when the Sabres tell him that he is not being offered a new contract. ;)

:wacko:

Peters had one of those moments that we'll all remember...

however, my top three reg. season moments was the briere ot game against the sens, the philly afternoon game when grier scored the winner with like 2 seconds to go, and the thomas vanek "dean youngblood" shootout winner on hasek.

That Greer goal was my favorite! I think there were 4.6 seconds left though. A game I really enjoyed was the first game against the Islanders. We wanted the Sabres to start strong and the Islanders had been a thorn in our side, plus they had Alexi and old Satan now. Damn, my memory of the season is already fading, all the games are blening into one. But that game against Dallas at the HSBC when Clinton was there was awesome. It was a comming of age game against a very tough foe.

Oh ya, that Peters thing....could have lived without it.

Ah yeah, it is...

Came with that classic typical Leaf ass beating that we all enjoyed!

I'm with you, navy - the Peters golf swing was icing on the cake for knocking out Toronto's playoff hopes. Only way it could have been better would have been if Philly and Toronto had switched places...

When I think back to this season I'll remember the Shootout, Buffalo's 7-6 OT win in Ottawa.

The determination, skill, and just plain magic that it took to win that game characterizes that team the best for me.

And oh, if only we could have had that roster all through the playoffs.

The Curse of the Bat continues.

I'm reminded of a Rolling Stones song....'You can't always get waht you want' Well my question is, for us Sabres fans Will we ever get what we want? seeing a team other than the Sabres parade around was dis-heartening. I want the Cup already, if even only once....

My favorite memories were Grier's winning shot in Philly with less than 5 seconds to go and probably the game-tying goal in the 7-6 OT win against Ottawa. I was at a bar watching it with about 400-500 other insane (and drunk) Sabres fans, and when that puck went in, the place just erupted.

Archived