OK, NOW I'm pissed!

PASabreFan

How does it go? Denial, anger, sadness, acceptance? Or something like that. I seem to have gotten acceptance out of the way very early. Now, I'm just angry. I feel like I am emerging from a car accident where I got my bell run, and just now I am understanding what happened.

We lost four defensemen! WTF! Freaky plays along the boards, a microbe! Bastard microbe!

You moron Tim Connolly! Why would you set yourself up for that hit? Was it the first concussion causing some lack of judgment or something?

We still had every chance to win that series but never could put the Canes away. A two goal lead in Game 5!

Get the puck up Max!

Hit the open side Jochen!

Look down, Fitzpatrick!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh this is terrible. Oops, there goes Whiskers, it's a 75 yard punt! I feel better.

I'm still not pissed... I'm very glad to have experienced what i went through this past month and a half. I'm very very empty right now, but even in reflection of that 3rd period meltdowns in game 5 and 7, i'm not pissed. I'm very upset about the 4-0 gutless effort earlier, and i'm pissed we didn't finish off the sens in 4 games, but this season has been one hell of a ride. I expected some mental lapses on defense in game 7 and i knew we'd probably lose the game unless we scored about 3 or 4 goals in the 1st and 2nd periods. We didn't. One of the lasting memories will be the feeling of happiness and satisfaction leaving the RBC Center after that loss...

after SB 25, i cried because my dad was crying

after SB 26 i was pissed because we didn't win after all that flash.

after SB 27 i was abivilant due to the schelacking.

after SB 28 i cried myself sick because i knew it was over

after the homerun throwup i was pissed

after the phantom goal i was even more pissed

after no goal i was confused then extremely pissed

after kasparitis i again cried because i knew it was crumbling down

but after this game i was happy, because these were a bunch of kids (most 5 years younger than me) experiencing this for the first time as players, going with nothing left to prove except for personal goals, and kicking ass as they went along... You know, i got a lot of jeers from the canes fans, so i kept congratulating them on their victory against the rochester americans. That's one hell of an accomplishment. Right now, i'm empty... i'm sure i'll be pissed when i see that bunch of whiners take the ice tomorrow, but i'm not pissed that the sabres aren't there. "Next year" starts at the end of july with the draft, jersey unveiling, and training camp for the bills. I literally had a 1 month offseason, which has not happened since 1999... January 2005 was that pittsburgh game when bledsoe made the wrong coin toss call. I had to wait till july, that's 5 months... I can wait one pay period for the bills to take over st john fisher. I'm happy and i'm already in anticipation for the sabres.

How does it go? Denial, anger, sadness, acceptance? Or something like that. I seem to have gotten acceptance out of the way very early. Now, I'm just angry. I feel like I am emerging from a car accident where I got my bell run, and just now I am understanding what happened.

We lost four defensemen! WTF! Freaky plays along the boards, a microbe! Bastard microbe!

You moron Tim Connolly! Why would you set yourself up for that hit? Was it the first concussion causing some lack of judgment or something?

We still had every chance to win that series but never could put the Canes away. A two goal lead in Game 5!

Get the puck up Max!

Oh this is terrible. Oops, there goes Whiskers, it's a 75 yard punt! I feel better.

Ha! the cherry on top of the misery cake was the McKee thing. It was almost hard to grasp at the moment, but when you look back to Thursday morning and realize our Best and most important D-man was suddenly incapacitated due to a freakish thing like an infected shin, you know it wasn't meant to be. Our depleted defense loses a 4th guy like that,,,,what were the odds? Even the 'Canes laughed it off during the day and were sure McKee was gonna play. That's how ridiculous it was.

When you think of our razor thin margin of defeat...it's hard not to think we would have held on to win if McKee was in the lineup.

Ha! the cherry on top of the misery cake was the McKee thing. It was almost hard to grasp at the moment, but when you look back to Thursday morning and realize our Best and most important D-man was suddenly incapacitated due to a freakish thing like an infected shin, you know it wasn't meant to be. Our depleted defense loses a 4th guy like that,,,,what were the odds? Even the 'Canes laughed it off during the day and were sure McKee was gonna play. That's how ridiculous it was.

When you think of our razor thin margin of defeat...it's hard not to think we would have held on to win if McKee was in the lineup.

Yeah, it went from honest concern to laughable absurdity after I found out about the injury to McKee. Honest to God, laughable absurdity. Why?!?! I mean of all the hits we laid out on other teams this year, to have Teppo go down however he did (I still don't know how or when exactly he went down), and to have Henrik break a wrist on an apparently pedestrian hit was bad enough. But then, to lose Jay due to a freak virus is another. Although, his game is blocking shots and when you block shots like he does, you put yourself at risk, and that was the cause of the virus.

I can remember Tom Barrasso getting a really bad rash from shaving his legs and he had to miss sometime as well, but the McKee thing was the final kick in the sack.

Get the puck up Max!

Get over it, its monday, series ended on thursday, Let's all move on and cheer on the canes!! :rolleyes:

Archived