WHAAA!??

blugold43

While I won't believe it until I see it, or at least get confirmation from Paul Hamilton, who would you sit if Timmy did come into the lineup.

The only forward that hasn't been doing much of anything is Kotalik (while Max hasn't scored, I don't put him into this category, but I'm sure my opinion isn't shared by all), but I don't see him sitting.

That would leave benching someone that hasn't earned a benching. The likely candidates would be Pyatt, Mair, or Pominville. Since Mair lit a fire under the team and Pominville brings his special teams skills, I'd guess that Pyatt would be the odd man out although he hasn't earned it.

BtP - while I agree the odds of this being true are less than 10%, TSN did have the McKee out story before WGR had it. (Of course, TSN cares about hockey and ESPN doesn't know how to spell it, so .... NEVERMIND.) :P

It it were true, I'd go with Kotalik. He's been off his game for a while now, and we haven't seen his onetimer for ages.

I'm wondering if he's banged up to the point where he can't release it properly?

At any rate, this is more than likely BS. Besides, what shape will Tim be in?

I posted this on the wall (OTW) about TC being a forward and the Sabres defense conundrum:

I see your point. Yet, there are a few things that it would bring and negate the point you made.

1. Motivational. You saw the effect that Teppo had on the bench, even if he played under 5 minutes.

2. Offense. Sometimes your best defense is your best offense. It is always good to get back your leading scorer. The Sabres might not need to totally shut the door on defense... And that takes pressure of the rooks.

This would be amazing. Carolina is the kind of team the magic man can excel against.

I would expect Mair to sit -- not that he deserves to, but I think he's in the last forward spot.

As for WGR -- I'm not so impressed by their newsgathering/reporting that I would refuse to believe something reported first by ESPN and not by WGR.

Whether or not it's true -- this team is MUCH greater than the sum of its parts. That's why we've kept going regardless of who's dropped out with injury. That's why we can win tonight without McKee.

Go Sabres.

I agree. This probably originated with Laviolette's comment about expecting to see McKee in the lineup. He added something to the effect of seeing Biron starting in net and Connolly playing. Those were just throwaway statements meaning he either didn't care or wouldn't be surprised with anything Lindy did at this point.

Archived