Who is tonight's

Orange Seats

Brian Campbell. The kid was McKee's linemate, he has been very emotional this whole series, saying he doesn't want it to end, he's playing his best hockey of his career and now he needs to play even better.... Brian Campbell scores one for McKee and for Sabres Nation!!!!! LETS GO BUFFALO!

Paetsch

He steps in in his first career NHL game and scores a Hat Trick including the game winner

Carolina spends the game playing too arrogant thinking Buffalo is weaker do to injuries and the Sabres teach them a big lesson

Please drop the whole "Carolina is arrogant" thing. One comment about not knowing a player's name by Doug Weight and two days of bluster from Ruff, and all of a sudden Carolina is arrogant and looks down their noses at Buffalo.

Only in Buffalo (henceforth known as "Inferiority Complex Central") could a coach make fans believe a hockey team from Carolina (aka the Whipping Boys for all that is wrong with the NHL) beileves themselves superior.

Sorry but if you actually read quotes from Laviolette, Brind'Amour, Whitney, Stillman, A. Ward, C. Ward they speak very highly of their opponent as do most Hurricanes fans which is more than I can say for many on this board.

The Goat

Please drop the whole "Carolina is arrogant" thing. One comment about not knowing a player's name by Doug Weight and two days of bluster from Ruff, and all of a sudden Carolina is arrogant and looks down their noses at Buffalo.

Only in Buffalo (henceforth known as "Inferiority Complex Central") could a coach make fans believe a hockey team from Carolina (aka the Whipping Boys for all that is wrong with the NHL) beileves themselves superior.

Sorry but if you actually read quotes from Laviolette, Brind'Amour, Whitney, Stillman, A. Ward, C. Ward they speak very highly of their opponent as do most Hurricanes fans which is more than I can say for many on this board.

The Goat

Goat,

You're starting to sound a little uppity. :rolleyes:

:P

Please drop the whole "Carolina is arrogant" thing.

I agree. It would be much more accurate to characterize them as whiny and hypocritical. I find it ironic that Doug Weight talks about the honor code in the old NHL -- in the old NHL guys didn't go to the media after they lost and immediately start crying about the ice and the refs and the water...

With regards to who tonight's Plante is -- I'll go with Max, with Hecht as my backup choice. By all rights this series should be over with the Sabres moving on, but Max blew a wide-open breakaway against a rookie goalie in Game 5. He knows he needs to shine tonight. Similarly, Hecht has been a non-factor this series and it's time for him to show up.

The Goat

So what should I change the word arrogant to

Whiners?

Cry Baby's?

Hypocrits?

The huricanes have said they are the Better hockey team. And how have they have been showing it? By Going to game 7 against a team that has been ripped apart by injuries

Don't tell me they aren't whiners, Weight was crying about that call in OT because he claims JASON Pomminstein turned his back to him to take a shot that could have been career threatening. Yeah that sounds right, or maybe Weight just did something he shouldn't have and it cost his team a win. Should I add in all the complaints from them about how the ice was crap, you know, the same ice that Buffalo had to skate on

And don't tell me they aren't hypocrites. I believe it was Williams who after the last game said in an interview that playoff games should not be decided in OT by a PP, yet they didn't have a problem with the win the game before when they won it in OT off of a PP when the refs sent JP to the box for hooking a guy holding his stick. Or how about Lavioulette who tells Ruff he should be worrying about his own team instead of talking about his, and the next day he just so happens to show up for the Sabres morning skate? Or calling the Sabres a bunch of Divers, when you have Staahl falling over after having the blade of a stick tap his skate blade.

I use the term arrogant for a team that thinks they've won before playing a game, and for having players who make comments like "I don't even know that guys name" (even though he knew he dove 5-6 times during the series) Normally you don't bring up a comment like that unless your trying to rub it in.

Either way, A buffalo win will embarass an entire state (sorry just the Raleigh area, cause apparently no one else cares about that team) and bring up alot of questions for that organisation. I Buffalo loss will be a disapointing end to a great season, and the fans can atleast hold their heads up and say that even with most of our defencemen on the shielf with one of our leading scorers, we took them to 7 games.

Maybe your name shouldn't be The Goat, I believe The Donkey would suit you better, seeing as how you have been coming across recently as a huge ass

So what should I change the word arrogant to

Whiners?

Cry Baby's?

Hypocrits?

The huricanes have said they are the Better hockey team. And how have they have been showing it? By Going to game 7 against a team that has been ripped apart by injuries

Don't tell me they aren't whiners, Weight was crying about that call in OT because he claims JASON Pomminstein turned his back to him to take a shot that could have been career threatening. Yeah that sounds right, or maybe Weight just did something he shouldn't have and it cost his team a win. Should I add in all the complaints from them about how the ice was crap, you know, the same ice that Buffalo had to skate on

And don't tell me they aren't hypocrites. I believe it was Williams who after the last game said in an interview that playoff games should not be decided in OT by a PP, yet they didn't have a problem with the win the game before when they won it in OT off of a PP when the refs sent JP to the box for hooking a guy holding his stick. Or how about Lavioulette who tells Ruff he should be worrying about his own team instead of talking about his, and the next day he just so happens to show up for the Sabres morning skate? Or calling the Sabres a bunch of Divers, when you have Staahl falling over after having the blade of a stick tap his skate blade.

I use the term arrogant for a team that thinks they've won before playing a game, and for having players who make comments like "I don't even know that guys name" (even though he knew he dove 5-6 times during the series) Normally you don't bring up a comment like that unless your trying to rub it in.

Either way, A buffalo win will embarass an entire state (sorry just the Raleigh area, cause apparently no one else cares about that team) and bring up alot of questions for that organisation. I Buffalo loss will be a disapointing end to a great season, and the fans can atleast hold their heads up and say that even with most of our defencemen on the shielf with one of our leading scorers, we took them to 7 games.

Maybe your name shouldn't be The Goat, I believe The Donkey would suit you better, seeing as how you have been coming across recently as a huge ass

Feeling a little nervous?

Goat -

If you go back to this board before the series started we were very respectful of Carolina and its fans.

Then 2 things happened:

After Carolina lost game one, Cane fans went crazy with all of these stories of supposed dirty Buffalonians ruining their home game experience...

and what really made us lose it:

Lavio- a#$^$#!e buttering up the refs by crying diving in the postgame. Thats what made us want to see that guy run over by a Mac truck.

The whining after Game 6 was the last straw... even for Lindy.

The Goat

Goat, at least two of those other 6 guys you mentioned were answering questions about Edmonton's time off and talking about how they would rather end it in 6 ... as if they know they are going to win, so they'd rather win in 6 because it will give them more rest. I understand they were answering a question, they didn't bring up the subject, but the correct answer is "We aren't thinking about Edmonton, we still have a game to win."

I am not saying Ruff is not going overboard, of course he is, but his responsibility is to his team, and he has put all the attention on himself. Instead of writing stories about how Afinogenov, Pyatt, Grier, Pominville and Hecht have not scored a goal in this series, the focus is on a guy who isn't even playing. I mean, shouldn't reporters be badgering Jillson and Janik and Paetsch with questions about how they will deal with the pressure? Ruff cut all that off at the pass.

Laviolette is wound too tight to begin with, and you would think he has been around long enough to just shake his head and let it go. Why is he letting it get to him? He has a veteran team that is favored to win, why even justify Ruff's antics with an answer? If they take care of their business, they win, right?

Archived