Canes 2006 Conference Champs

inkman

WTF

This has to be bad karma.

"The RBC Center is among the newest sports and entertainment facilities in the United States. The NHL recognized Wake County and the Raleigh area as a great opportunity for a NHL team. Based at the RBC Center, the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes are the 2006 East Conference Champs. The RBC Center also hosts NC State University's mens basketball."

Dude, that's not bad kharma... That's about the worst kharma humanly possible! that's major bulletin board material and major message board fodder tomorrow if the sabres do win...

Can you get a hold of anyone who will make sure this gets into the right hands?

Dude, that's not bad kharma... That's about the worst kharma humanly possible! that's major bulletin board material and major message board fodder tomorrow if the sabres do win...

It's major bulletin board material RIGHT NOW. I hope someone prints out that page and posts it in the Sabres' dressing room today...

Can you get a hold of anyone who will make sure this gets into the right hands?

I could e-mail it to my dad who could e-mail it to larry quinn, but that would be just testing fate... I'll bring a printout to the pregame, and hopefully golisano and quinn make an appearance...

And if that wasn't bad enough karma, check out our friend Ned's column today.

How sweet it would be to shove that column and a few pucks down Ned's throat tonight...

Oooh, that column makes me nervous about the Canes tonight...seems like we went and woke the angry bear, and now we're gonna pay! :lol:

I really liked this line: Ruff smiled when told of that comment. He knows his team is outgunned, and he has a center and three defensemen out injured.

Does that mean he believes the Canes are the better team even with Connolly, Tallinder, Teppo & Dmitri in the lineup?

I really hope we knock them out HARD tonight - no 1-goal, OT win - I want to see us win by 3+...then Ned can try to explain to his readers (both of them) how the Canes lost to a team filled with AHL defensemen...

Does that mean he believes the Canes are the better team even with Connolly, Tallinder, Teppo & Dmitri in the lineup?

Well, in the 3 games we have played without those 4 players the Sabres are 1-2, Dominating 2 of those 3 Losing the first one in a shutout loss, then an overtime loss off a bad bounce while killing a penalty (which is not the way a playoff game should be won :rolleyes: ) in a game Buffalo was dominating the majority of and at one point had a 3-1 lead, and then in a game that could have put the series away, Buffalo outplays them to a 2-1 victory in overtime on the powerplay (something the Canes had no problem stopping us from doing in the past couple games)

Yeah, they are definitly the better team with those 4 guys in the lineup, 3 of our top 6 defencemen, and our top scoring forward in the playoffs, those guys don't have an impact on this team at all :rolleyes:

Someone has to have sometype of contact to a Sabre in the area that could forward this to Ruff, I'm sure he would like to know that someone went in their time machine and found out this little bit of information

Anyone like Mango Salsa?

Not really, But I hear Varada and Chara are enjoying some right now before they tee-off together.

Recchi and BrindAmour have called them a couple time to ask what conditions are like and if they need 2 more players

PASabreFan - I Believe it was the official site for the RBC Centre so it is somewhat a team related site. But lets cut them some slack, when the won the Southeast, many of the fans probably thought that it meant the won the entire eastern conference and that everything afterwards is the Stanely cup Finals

But lets cut them some slack, when the won the Southeast, many of the fans probably thought that it meant the won the entire eastern conference and that everything afterwards is the Stanely cup Finals

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It appears to have been changed. I just saw this so I'm not sure where that line occurs on the page, but in the first paragraph it now reads:

"Based at the RBC Center, the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes are the 2006 Southeast Division Champs. "

It appears to have been changed. I just saw this so I'm not sure where that line occurs on the page, but in the first paragraph it now reads:

"Based at the RBC Center, the NHL's Carolina Hurricanes are the 2006 Southeast Division Champs. "

Earlier it read 2006 Eastern concference champs instead of southeast

I don't know... I like the vibes and a boost to the Sabres.

Wasn't the Stanley Cup Finals paint work being added to the ice at HSBC during their meltdown with the Pens in 2001 (because of time constraints)... Or something?

Bad karma on the 'Canes part!

I hope our small, depleated team real sticks it to these clueless, arrogant !

Archived