Gerber to Start

X. Benedict

Interesting move if true. WGR just reported.

Scotty Bowman said as much on Romey today. I think he is the better goalie at this point. Ward was playing nice and all but I don't think he was tested much throughout the playoffs. The only two games he came under fire he was yanked.

Gerber stepped in, stoned the Sabres on two breakaways and shut them out the rest of the way to give his team a chance to come back. After Ward got lit up, this seems like kind of a no brainer decision by Laviolette. I am surprised most media types said they would be surprised to see a change in goal for tonight's game.

Gerber stepped in, stoned the Sabres on two breakaways and shut them out the rest of the way to give his team a chance to come back. After Ward got lit up, this seems like kind of a no brainer decision by Laviolette. I am surprised most media types said they would be surprised to see a change in goal for tonight's game.

It puzzled me as well, why media memebers would be surprised to see a change. Gerber did lead them to the # 2 seed in the conference. Short memories I guess. It would have been one thing if Ward was lights out, racking up shutouts left and right. But he was ordinary at times with the occasional big save. This move has me worried more than anything else. I think Gerber is capable of a lot more.

I don't think this move affects the gameplan of the sabres one bit. This is a huge deal for the sabres now though. they must score early to get into this guy's head. With the goalie switch, laviolette has laid down his cards. A victory tonight and you can gift wrap that prince of wales trophy for the sabres.

Archived