Where in Buff

Rock DJ

I'm driving in from Arkansas, and should pull in town just before game time.

Can someone recommend a good big screen place to watch the game?

Maybe someone who still lives in Buffalo could give you a better spot, but when I was in town and the Washington game was on OLN, I went to Dave and Busters at the Eastern Hills mall. I thought it was a great spot to watch the game.

I'm driving in from Arkansas, and should pull in town just before game time.

Can someone recommend a good big screen place to watch the game?

Dave & Busters is cool, but loud (with all the damn game noises in the background) and less intimate than some other places.

Buffalo Wild Wings has a great atmosphere, but not a lot of table space, so get there early.

Damon's was far and away the best (large) spot to watch Buffalo sports until they closed last year. I miss them.

Dave & Busters is cool, but loud (with all the damn game noises in the background) and less intimate than some other places.

Buffalo Wild Wings has a great atmosphere, but not a lot of table space, so get there early.

Damon's was far and away the best (large) spot to watch Buffalo sports until they closed last year. I miss them.

i've heard that Pearl Street Grill and Brewery has had some good crowds. I have always enjoyed going to that corner ever since it was known as Garcia's! After the game you are only a few blocks from the Chippewa district. Or maybe even watching down there at a place like Barrel House.

Point is, in Buffalo, no matter where you are there will probalby be a huge crowd! (unlike this pathetic state where even when the devils are in the cup, the game is not even on half the tee-vee's of a bar in new jersey!)

I say definitely Buffalo Wild Wings! But like previous poster GGM said...get there early - like 5 o'clock for a 730 game or noon for a 2 o'clock game! the place rocks...there are three BW's in Buffalo - elmwood, niagara falls blvd and transit...BW is where i will be! (except game 4 i have tickets!!)

I'd say if you're going to be in town, BE IN TOWN. Forget Eastern Hills Mall and Niagara Falls Blvd. Get your @ss downtown!

Pearl Street is my favorite, but you can pretty much park it in any bar downtown that has TVs and you'll get to watch the game with great people. Founding Fathers on Edward is small, but also awesome. Walking up and down Elmwood you can take your pick of places.

Brinks, Faherty's, Cozumel, Colter Bay, Pearl St. Brewery -- all should have the game on several screens with sound..also, you may want to check on Dunn Tire Park if the Bisons are out of town -- they've been showing the games on the jumbotron for $2 admission (concession stands open)

Faherty's is awesome...it's a TON cooler than going to a national chain restaraunt like BW3's or Dave & Busters.

Pearl St. is a great place, but sadly it generally is so completely packed that it can be tough to get a table. Still a fun vibe though. Cole's (Elmwood) is a good place and has good food too, if you're looking to do more than just booze.

If you're going to be in town though, definitely head downtown...you can pretty much pick any place on Elmwood and you'll be good to go. Plus, after the game, Elmwood is hysterically funny. People in houses are out on their porches dancing and yelling, cars are honking and everyone is generally in a GREAT mood and ready to party. Head downtown!

OK....

As I have seen this done at Bills games....

For us that do NOT have Tickets...

Someone needs to get a Generator and a Satelite dish and a Big Screen TV so we can watch it in the Parking lot in front of the Arena....

That would be fun

OK....

As I have seen this done at Bills games....

For us that do NOT have Tickets...

Someone needs to get a Generator and a Satelite dish and a Big Screen TV so we can watch it in the Parking lot in front of the Arena....

That would be fun

Odds are that the game will be shown at Pilot Field, which is almost the same thing.

No one from Buffalo EVER should recommend a wing chain based in Minnesota with wings that we wouldn't even think about eating in this city. Good Lord, that's sinful. Other chains suck too, especially in this city with its great local restaurants. "Hey, try our Ruby Tuesday's! It's the best!" Ugh.

Please, Rock, no chain restaurants. Look at Links, Rayzor, and Orange Seats's posts. If you need more family-friendly, we can advise you there, too. But NO TGI Bennigapplebeejackastors.

But wherever you go, if the place has a television, it will have the game. Please make it a local place and not some outlet of an out-of-town business. In return I promise that when I head down to watch the Hoggies (and I will), I'll frequent the locals there, too.

No one from Buffalo EVER should recommend a wing chain based in Minnesota with wings that we wouldn't even think about eating in this city. Good Lord, that's sinful. Other chains suck too, especially in this city with its great local restaurants. "Hey, try our Ruby Tuesday's! It's the best!" Ugh.

Please, Rock, no chain restaurants. Look at Links, Rayzor, and Orange Seats's posts. If you need more family-friendly, we can advise you there, too. But NO TGI Bennigapplebeejackastors.

But wherever you go, if the place has a television, it will have the game. Please make it a local place and not some outlet of an out-of-town business. In return I promise that when I head down to watch the Hoggies (and I will), I'll frequent the locals there, too.

I agree with your poo-pooing of most of the restaurants you list, but I think your overall view is a little close minded.

Service is service, prices are prices, quality is quality. MOST of the time, chains suffer in these areas vs. locally owned places, but not always. Also, I'm not at BWW to eat, I'm there because I want to watch the game and the crowds there get crazy. BWW is just a means to an end for me, and only when I'm watching the game out near my old man's place. Damon's was the only place I've seen in the area that had individual volume control, AND an entire wall of four big screen TVs (usually showing different games) to choose from. Watching the NCAA tournament there was a blast, despite its chainhood.

I had a local bar when I lived in Poughkeepsie called "Michael's". It will always be the gold standard that I test every sports bar against. I have yet to find a place in Buffalo that comes close to its atmosphere or its staff-customer relationships. I knew one of the owners very well, and they were ALWAYS committed to making sure sports fans got what they wanted - from football/basketball to soccer/bass fishing - if there was a TV no one else was watching and they could find it on satellite, they'd put it on for you. EVERYONE on the staff knew how to use the dish, so you didn't have to submit a formal, written request and wait 10-20 minutes to get a channel changed.

If anyone knows a place like this in Buffalo that's big enough to have a good crowd for the Sabres games, but not so crowded that I have to spend 4 hours in the 2'x2' area of space, I'll forego any further mention of chains.

Archived