Stillman Hurt in Game 5

wjag

Carolina's Stillman may have a torn ligament. Lot's of speculation on this. I personally hope it is not true. I would like to see their best versus our best. Get healthy guys and give us one hell of a series to remember.

What sucks for him is it happened pretty much after the game was decided and it was his former teammate who did it to him.

When it initially happened it looked really bad and he had that "Fug, my season is over" look on his face. I hope that's not the case because he's a terrific player and very underrated.

What sucks for him is it happened pretty much after the game was decided and it was his former teammate who did it to him.

When it initially happened it looked really bad and he had that "Fug, my season is over" look on his face. I hope that's not the case because he's a terrific player and very underrated.

That does suck when any teams player goes down with an injury and is done for the season, especially when the player is valuable to the team. But as a Sabres fan I'm not gonna sit here and feel sorry for the 'Canes cause he is out for the year, or hope he is able to come back for the series just cause I want to see Buffalo beat a 100% healthy team.

too bad, so sad.

we've got our own injuries to deal with.

like another poster said, you bring what you got. if you don't have a full squad, oh well. if we're sipping from the Cup I am not going to put an * beside it because the other team was beat up.

we are beat up and we keep on going.

I fully recognize that we are a bit er, understaffed at the moment. I also don't expect that to change. But I would like to see this Sabres squad take on the best. Imagine what they might be saying in Ottawa now if the big three were hurt and didn't play or what they might have said in Philly if Gagne or Forsberg didn't play. They beat us, but...

Sure they all started out saying that, but read the press now. There is a growing acknowledgement that this team is "scary good". Man to man, they are chopping down the lumber in the East. There is just an awesome article on NHL.com about the "beasts of the east", Buffalo and Carolina.

We are gaining that recognition because we are taking on the best that the league has to offer and prevailing.

Buffalo's road to the cup will require the 5, 1 and 2 seeds all be beaten. That is heady stuff.

Read the articles. Buffalo is NOW getting that recognition that they are a damn good hockey team. They are taking on the best and beating the snot out them and the world is noticing.

I fully recognize that we are a bit er, understaffed at the moment. I also don't expect that to change. But I would like to see this Sabres squad take on the best. Imagine what they might be saying in Ottawa now if the big three were hurt and didn't play or what they might have said in Philly if Gagne or Forsberg didn't play. They beat us, but...

I don't care what other hockey fans or sports writers say about the quality of Buffalo's wins or weither they beat a team with all their superstars.

I say Forsberg on the ice, along with Gagne. Heatley appeared to be on the ice along with (the gentle giant) Chara but they might as well been injured or on the bench cause they were non existent. Maybe we should have an * next to both those wins cause the other teams stars didn't show up to play so it diminished the Sabres victory

If the other teams are really that good, they wil find a way to win without key players. Buffalo does that, thats why they win. I will not think of any victory less just because the other teams stars were not playing due to injury, and I really don't care about other teams complaining that we won because of it. Thats just a bunch of whining and crying from the other fans making excuses

As others have posted, injuries are a part of it and expected at this point in the season. I think it stinks the way he got injured, but Carolina has to deal with what they have just as Buffalo has to play without Kalinin and most likely without Timmy and Adam.

The Canes have been without Cole for a while now and keep on going. If they want to win the SC, they will have to find a way to deal with Stillman being out (if he is in fact out, we don't know that for certain right now).

Sometimes the stud being out of the lineup causes the rest of the work horses to step it up. Sometimes they just quit. I don't see this Carolina team quitting.

Carolina brought in guys like Recchi and Weight to add some depth to their forward ranks. While I don't think either guy really fits the Canes style and neither is as good as Cole or Stillman; IF Stillman IS out, the decision to bolster the forward ranks looks very smart.

Archived