Playoff Beard

rammersdaman

I received wiifely permission to begin my playoff beard last Friday. (Philly was a "tune-up" for the real playoffs, anyway.)

I've never grown a beard and am beginning to look a little like Lanny MacDonald without the mustache and more gray than I care to admit. In short, my face and neck are a mess.

After starting off 3-0, the beard didn't play hard Thursday and, as you know, suffered its first loss. ;) As it turns out, I have to attend a f*&%-in' dance recital for my god-daughter this evening before the game. Is it okay to groom a bit?

I received wiifely permission to begin my playoff beard last Friday. (Philly was a "tune-up" for the real playoffs, anyway.)

I've never grown a beard and am beginning to look a little like Lanny MacDonald without the mustache and more gray than I care to admit. In short, my face and neck are a mess.

After starting off 3-0, the beard didn't play hard Thursday and, as you know, suffered its first loss. ;) As it turns out, I have to attend a f*&%-in' dance recital for my god-daughter this evening before the game. Is it okay to groom a bit?

I had to shave my neck region. I was starting to look like I had a ferret wrapped around my face. I'll have to update the current pick(in my profile). That one is weeks old.

I had to shave my neck region. I was starting to look like I had a ferret wrapped around my face. I'll have to update the current pick(in my profile). That one is weeks old.

I've shaved the sideburns and neck regions since the start, but the moustache/goatee has been free-ranging since 2 days before Game 1 with Philly.

It still itches...But at least the animals have been evicted.

I started my playoff beard after the last game of the season and had a good one going after four games into round one. But the beard never felt right, constantly itching me. So I shaved it off and started anew. They won the next five games before Thursday loss. The beard still feels good so I'm confident we'll win tonight. If we don't... the razor comes out tomorrow.

Since I can't grow a beard to save my life (I would look really foolish), I had to get creative. I just skip shaving on game days.

I didn't think I could either. I'm married now, so i figured what the heck do I have to lose? I think it came out aiight. :unsure:

During the 1998 run I started trimming the playoff goatee after every round ... seemed to work well so that is what I do .... it was a bit of a challenge in Jamaica last week because the resort we were at didn't have the trimmer guard so I had to do it free hand ... tough to make it look right ... thank God the wife is a good sport, I wasn't taking any chances. Anyway, I am not touching it until the series is over. Hopefully I will be trimming it the day before Game 1 of the Conference Finals.

Whatever is working, do not mess with it! if you didn't touch it after the Philly series, you are stuck with it ... ;)

I think I might have that Tom Hanks Castaway thingy working soon. It's getting long. I'll update the pic Monday. Working all weekend.

I've had some solid stubble in the first two rounds before shaving. I have to be somewhat professional and I feel like an absolute bum with a weeks worth of beard. Maybe I'll just keep up with what I've been doing and go another few days and then shave again. Its worked thus far.

I started my playoff beard (goatee) in 2001, Does that count?

I shaved around it once during the Philly series then they lost so I haven't shaved since, I also still have my blue and gold hat sitting behind a chair in my living room were it landed after I kicked it after the second lost to philly. I won't touch it until after the Sabres playoffs have ended. This is the playoffs, you can't take any chances!

Well, I de-sasquatched Sunday morning--took care of the neck and the stuff connecting to my eyebrows (er, eyebrow) but kept the beard. I have a conference paper to present this week and should look at least reasonable.

I'll miss most of the Carolina series while fishing for salmon in Alaska next week (previous father-in-law commitment), but the beard will fit in! :blush:

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't trimmed it since the playoffs started. I shave my neck region but my face stuff is over taking my neck and I might not have to if this goes much longer. I'll have to update my profile pic with the ridiculous stuff on my face.

Archived