Rory's now hurt too

Knightrider

Brad just said he took a puck to the foot in the second and may not be ready for tomorrow.

Janik's next? :ph34r:

The game is tomorrow at 7:00. Couldn't he just keep the skate on for 24 hours to keep the foot from swelling up? :unsure:

Except for the penalty that started the powerplay that led to the 5-3 and the Otters 1st goal, I thought he played a solid game. One mistake from a guy that was definitely the #6 is probably excusable (especially since it came after he took the puck on the foot).

Sabres need to win tomorrow to give themselves a few days to heal up before a probably next round matchup with the Canes.

I agree, I would be more comfortable with Paetsch in there. He played a game for us earlier in the year, recorded an assist.

I think he's hurt too, though. That's why he wasn't called up...

Even if the Canes and Sabs sweep, there will still be a few days off (like until after when game 7 would have been) correct?

Depends on when the other series end as to when the next round will begin. If all the series are done in 5 or less, the 3rd round will start much sooner than it would have otherwise. If everything finishes up by this weekend and rinks are available, the next round will very likely start before game 7 would have been played.

In a sense, Edmonton winning last night really helped the Sabres out, in that it pushed the start of the Conf. Finals back at least 2-3 days. The NHL won't let the Conf. Finals begin until the East and West is all set, though I would expect that if CAR and BUF wrap up before both the Western teams are set, the Eastern Conf. Finals would begin on say...Friday night, then the West would start on Saturday. I would imagine they would alternate days for the series to make sure there is hockey on each night.

Archived