Sabres Lines 11/6/23

Brawndo

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

They gave Mittelstadt Olofsson and Asplund last year and then Olofsson and Jost.

Cozens got Frick and Frack.

How exactly are they jerking Cozens around but coddling Mitts?

The Loafs went all in on F's.  They have completely ignored D (unless you want to include Reilly who is not good in his own end, which kind of is on brand for them) and wouldn't know a good goalie if one bit them in the arse.

The Sabres have spread their $'s out on F's and D.  And they seem to be all-in on the kid that they expect will get them out of goalie purgatory.  Yes, they want to play uptempo, but they haven't built their team to be the next Loafs.  Pretty sure Adams "ideal" model is Carolina, but Detroit and Chicago - 2 teams that stayed at the top for a long time had a lot of homegrown talent the the cores of their teams are also viewed as models of how to do it right.  And, not the Yzerplan Wings, the Holland Wings that stayed good when the Cap 1st got implemented.

Sorry, I'm bored with the Mitts thing so I'm letting that go. I think they've asked more from Cozens from the start but it doesn't matter. Is what it is right now. Mitts development absolutely screams that AHL time is a necessary component for most players.

Now this Carolina thing has been stated and I suppose it's cause he was there, but so far I don't see the resemblance. Fast yes, but everybody wants to be fast on this NHL. otherwise we don't really play like them at all. 

5 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

and yet, there it is, still a big part of the game whether you like it or not. 

It is not a big part of the game. The Vegas Knights had the fewest penalty minutes per game last year and won the Cup. Carolina, The Rangers and the Devils were/are three of the best teams in the East were all in the lowest six. You can convince yourself it’s relevant but the numbers suggest otherwise.

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sorry, I'm bored with the Mitts thing so I'm letting that go. I think they've asked more from Cozens from the start but it doesn't matter. Is what it is right now. Mitts development absolutely screams that AHL time is a necessary component for most players.

Now this Carolina thing has been stated and I suppose it's cause he was there, but so far I don't see the resemblance. Fast yes, but everybody wants to be fast on this NHL. otherwise we don't really play like them at all. 

Translation: I was wrong about the Mitts thing so I am backing out of that conversation. 

9 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

and yet, there it is, still a big part of the game whether you like it or not. 

You think fighting is a "big part" of the game? 

Awkward Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 hours ago, tom webster said:

It is not a big part of the game. The Vegas Knights had the fewest penalty minutes per game last year and won the Cup. Carolina, The Rangers and the Devils were/are three of the best teams in the East were all in the lowest six. You can convince yourself it’s relevant but the numbers suggest otherwise.

But I liked it when I was younger. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, tom webster said:

The Rangers and Devils did not make it to the final. Florida did. 

Vegas is big, and play heavy with a solid defensive structure. If that's the model you want to build towards I'm all for it. It'll win. 

I think the Sabres don't need any fighters, grit comes from determination not breaking your hand. Stick up for each other and if you have to drop em, you will. 

Also, Mitts and Cozens should both stay on the team. I think both contribute a lot and we'll be able to run 3 offensive lines with a 4th line for checking out shutdown duties. It's such a good way to build a team.

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.