Sleeper Pick

Archie Lee

16 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Ah was referring to Joe Podgorski the principal in my day

It’s possible he was still there. The principal was kind of isolated from the kids the years I was there. But I do remember teachers calling one of them Joe and he was older. Was he really into Star Trek or Star Wars? I remember one teacher saying the guy I’m thinking of was really into one of them. If it’s the same guy he was very nice the few times I crossed paths and was the one that made the announcement that the pentagon and WTC was hit on 9/11. 

Just googled joe podgorski. A linkedin came up. The guy looks similar to the guy I’m picturing. 

Edited by Kr632
  • Like (+1) 1

I think if there's a sleeper it could be Ryan Johnson beating out the Stillman, Jokiharju, Bryson group and making the NHL early.  That's the closest thing that I see. Rousek would be the other sleeper to make the team out of camp over someone like Jost potentially. 

The one player I will be watching for is Victor Olofsson. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30 goals this season. That would be more  likely if he is on a PP unit. He's going to put more effort on the defensive side of the game but without question his main contribution will be scoring goals. A shooter is a shooter. 

20 minutes ago, JohnC said:

The one player I will be watching for is Victor Olofsson. I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 30 goals this season. That would be more  likely if he is on a PP unit. He's going to put more effort on the defensive side of the game but without question his main contribution will be scoring goals. A shooter is a shooter. 

I'd would be stunned if he scored 30goals. Totally floored. If he maintains his career avg sh% and his granato # of shots, he comes out to 23 goals. I don't see him getting top pp time due to his limitations. 

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I'd would be stunned if he scored 30goals. Totally floored. If he maintains his career avg sh% and his granato # of shots, he comes out to 23 goals. I don't see him getting top pp time due to his limitations. 

I agree with you that it is unlikely that he will be on the top PP unit. However, he could be on the second unit. There is no question that he has to play better on the defensive end. But it should be remembered that he scored 28 goals last year while his minutes went down. So if he can get steady playing time it is not outlandish to  believe that 30 goals could be attainable. We shall see.  

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I agree with you that it is unlikely that he will be on the top PP unit. However, he could be on the second unit. There is no question that he has to play better on the defensive end. But it should be remembered that he scored 28 goals last year while his minutes went down. So if he can get steady playing time it is not outlandish to  believe that 30 goals could be attainable. We shall see.  

His TOI only went down 1minute from 2021 to 2022. His g/60 went from 1.1 to 1.6 and that increase was mainly reliant on an increase in his sh%. 1.1 p/60 seems to be his average and most likely we see regression in Olofsson' scoring. 

I am just highly skeptical that Olofsson can get to 30. When you need multiple miracles and things to break your way to get there, I think that suggests getting there would be an outlier and not who you are. I know you aren't arguing he is some consistent 30g scorer. I am saying I am skeptical he will do it even once while in Buffalo due to his skill and the opportunity that won't be given to him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.