This just in...

Peace Frog

I believe the Senators are hoping he can fly down the ice in order to keep up with our Sabrespeed.

We don't want his pixydust getting too thin trying to cover more than one board... :unsure:

Besides, I've learned to relax about checking links before I click... ;)

You know, we should be a little more thoughtful about the kind of jokes we make in here. In the Smolinski post some gay jokes were made and theres this one here too. Look, we talk a lot about being classy fans here, and when other fans aren't being classy. This is a point of pride here, Buffalo Sabres fans have always been respectful and classy, and posts that make homophobic comments really aren't a part of that tradition.

You can warn my account or make fun of me all you want, but if thats the standard, then this isn't the fan community the Sabres tradition deserves.

Actually, it is a very old joke that comes from TSW.

I've never stayed long enough on that site long enough to find out whether or not the guy is truly homosexual or not. It doesn't matter to me...

Just posting some light-hearted comedy. This is not an initiation of gay-bashing and as such, if anyone is offended, please feel free to go a thicker skin. Look at my last name. Just imagine the ribbing I took growing up. No crying going on here.

GO SABRES!

It doesn't matter if it's directed at a team, an individual, or whoever. Its about the kind of community you create (by what you assume to be normal and acceptable, ie what is and what is not the butt of jokes) by what is said/assumed. It's not about thickness of skin, or taking a joke, its about character.

^ while that is a nice way of saying absolutely nothing of value.

There's a difference between calling someone gay and posting an absolutely ridiculous picture.

in fact, if anything you're the one assuming that guy is gay.

No one said anything about it being anything to do with gay. It's just a funny picture.

He's been circulating on the web for a while, he's actually a computer programmer in Tampa that's straight.

but I'm sure he appreciates your assuming.

Character doesn't mean devoid of humor.

I don't really care about the green suit guy. Thats not what I was commenting about. I was trying to register my discomfort with comments like "I feel gay just looking at it" and some of those made in the Smolinski post yesterday about Smolinski and Alfredsson.

I don't really care about the green suit guy. Thats not what I was commenting about. I was trying to register my discomfort with comments like "I feel gay just looking at it" and some of those made in the Smolinski post yesterday about Smolinski and Alfredsson.

I feel dirty just reading it.

There've been jokes about Max and Dementieva. Unless you're upset about those as well, you're being hypocritical. Besides, comments like the one you mentioned don't have to be interpretted as a slight toward gays. There's just something wrong, yet hilarious, about a straight guy dressing up as a Tinkerbell wannabe.

Gay, schmay. While it's nice you're concerned with the feelings of other people, let's give a little credit. Laugh at each other a little bit. Funny and street-beatings are two different things.

The normal people in the world see it for the joke it is. The psychopaths see it as a call to arms to lay a beating on a gay guy. Problem is the psycho will still be a psycho with or without the joke.

Where would we be without laughing at each other? Re-runs on TV would certainly be more drab with MASH, Cheers and Seinfeld off the air.

Gay, schmay. While it's nice you're concerned with the feelings of other people, let's give a little credit. Laugh at each other a little bit. Funny and street-beatings are two different things.

The normal people in the world see it for the joke it is. The psychopaths see it as a call to arms to lay a beating on a gay guy. Problem is the psycho will still be a psycho with or without the joke.

Where would we be without laughing at each other? Re-runs on TV would certainly be more drab with MASH, Cheers and Seinfeld off the air.

I feel drab just reading this. :unsure:

Guys, lets respect our opponents in this round and show just how classy we are in Buffalo

No more cheering like crazy after a big play or Buffalo goal or chanting during the game, it upsets the Ottawa players and fans and that does not show class. Clap softly using 2 fingers in the palm of your hand like you would at an opera

Also no more predictions about who's gonna win the series unless they are the series will be tied and both teams will move on. Predicting a Sabres win might hurt feeling of the Senators and their fans so it would not be classy either.

Seriously now, get over this entire "We have to be the classiest fans in the NHL" So far we have been good, we did not lower ourselves to the level of Flyers fans by booing and injured player, threatening violence on players, coaches, and fans, and we don't use insane amounts of profanity while discussing an opponent. We have been showing class.

This is the playoffs, the Senators are our new enemies, being nice to them is not going to win us a series, we need to get fired up as fans and transfer that to the team. If this will get us fired up for Wednesday night (or tonight for fans attending in Ottawa tonight) then its a good thing.

Archived