Cool things about last night

PASabreFan

OLN showed a Sabre fan and a Sen fan shaking hands right after the winning goal. Very cool. And very refreshing after Philly. Did anyone else think the Ottawa crowd was very tame?

Jim Lorentz's voice reverted to pre-puberty after the winner. I don't think I've ever heard Jim sound like that. He is usually quite reserved.

Speaking of OLN, I thought the production was top notch. I really liked the announcers. A very evenhanded and intelligent commentary with a bare minimum of nonsense. I thought I would hate the horn after Sabre goals, but it actually made it sound like a home game!

Finally, I was disappointed in the Buffalo News today. The banner headline -- GRAND DRURY. That's lame. It doesn't come close to capturing the moment. You want a paper you can stick away or even frame. Something memorable. The photo is great, but the headline writer choked. Almost anything would have been better...

THRILLER

SUDDEN VICTORY

?

OLN showed a Sabre fan and a Sen fan shaking hands right after the winning goal. Very cool. And very refreshing after Philly. Did anyone else think the Ottawa crowd was very tame?

The crowd didn't seem too tame to me, but I was watching the game w/o sound and only saw the first 2-1/2 periods (ugh). Ottawa fans know the difference between cheering their team and acting like thugs, though. Some of the best fans of NHL teams, from what I've seen.

Jim Lorentz's voice reverted to pre-puberty after the winner. I don't think I've ever heard Jim sound like that. He is usually quite reserved.

Speaking of OLN, I thought the production was top notch. I really liked the announcers. A very evenhanded and intelligent commentary with a bare minimum of nonsense. I thought I would hate the horn after Sabre goals, but it actually made it sound like a home game!

Finally, I was disappointed in the Buffalo News today. The banner headline -- GRAND DRURY. That's lame. It doesn't come close to capturing the moment. You want a paper you can stick away or even frame. Something memorable. The photo is great, but the headline writer choked. Almost anything would have been better...

THRILLER

SUDDEN VICTORY

?

I also thought the headline sucked this morning. Instead of trying to capture the moment, he tried to get too cutesy with a clever headline. <_<

?

I hated the announcers, at least take the time to tell me who is in the faceoff circle

and when there are penalties. There were 3 4-4's last night night for which nobody in the

room had any idea a)what the calls where b) who was in the box.

Anybody have the radio feed of RJ and Batman?

I also thought the headline sucked this morning. Instead of trying to capture the moment, he tried to get too cutesy with a clever headline. <_<

Not only that, but "Grand Drury" was TSN's headline last night after the game.

Archived