Thanks to Dora on Ice...

Spandrel

...the NHL will be unable to showcase what is likely to be the best series of the Playoffs this year to a national audience on NBC. As great as this series is/will be and as much as Bettman would love to get this product out to the masses via network TV, his efforts are being thwarted by this insipid overpriced carnival on ice.

Yay, for over-indulgent moms with functional haircuts and their spoiled little kids! $75 to see some hack skaters frolic around in oversized foam heads, where does the line start? :angry:

As great as last night's game was, it was only preaching to the choir while it was stuck on OLN. You show that game to most casual sports fans, and you'll get a few of them who will tune in for Game 2 on Sunday on NBC (errr, I mean Monday night on OLN, if they can find it). :angry:

[/rant off]

...the NHL will be unable to showcase what is likely to be the best series of the Playoffs this year to a national audience on NBC. As great as this series is/will be and as much as Bettman would love to get this product out to the masses via network TV, his efforts are being thwarted by this insipid overpriced carnival on ice.

Yay, for over-indulgent moms with functional haircuts and their spoiled little kids! $75 to see some hack skaters frolic around in oversized foam heads, where does the line start? :angry:

As great as last night's game was, it was only preaching to the choir while it was stuck on OLN. You show that game to most casual sports fans, and you'll get a few of them who will tune in for Game 2 on Sunday on NBC (errr, I mean Monday night on OLN, if they can find it). :angry:

[/rant off]

Ahh, but Mr. Emery gets to think about it for a bit longer. After last night, I don't see this as a bad thing... :)

dora is a huge advantage for the sabres. They weren't given much of a chance, and they came in and absolutely humiliated the senators and ray emery... They'll have plenty to think about and practice over while the sabres do the same thing, only with confidence and a 1-0 series lead...

Don Cherry was Hilarious at the 1st intermission...

He was stunned, like What!? No Hockey on Sunday!!

All because of Dora, he was almost livid lol

Here sign the Petition...

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/killdora

this petition has to be everything that is wrong with the internet and why i am fearful of having kids someday! can you imagine sitting there, reading the paper, pipe in hand, and little Mary comes walking in asking how come over 100 people signed a petition asking to kill her current favorite after-school activity/friend?!

but, since i'm not quite at that point in life yet, kill the bastard!

That is true. I'm sure the Senators, more than anyone, want to get back on the ice as soon as possible and get this game behind them, so the extra day just lets them stew another day.

Still, the NHL is getting deprived of a chance to show off the best example of its "new" game because of this scheduling conflict.

That is true. I'm sure the Senators, more than anyone, want to get back on the ice as soon as possible and get this game behind them, so the extra day just lets them stew another day.

Still, the NHL is getting deprived of a chance to show off the best example of its "new" game because of this scheduling conflict.

I grew up in Fairport and still live here. Ever hang at the FVI, or T-Foots?

I grew up in Fairport and still live here. Ever hang at the FVI, or T-Foots?

Nice. I sometimes go into the village, but ever since they built the MacGregor's I go there for the beer specials. We also go to Baird Road Pub to watch games. It's a nice place. Man, this morning sucked here. My son had hockey practice over at TCIA from 8-9 then we had to run over to Martha Brown and stand in the freezing rain to watch my daughter's lacrosse game.

And I'm still hung over from watching the game last night a little bit. :lol:

Nice. I sometimes go into the village, but ever since they built the MacGregor's I go there for the beer specials. We also go to Baird Road Pub to watch games. It's a nice place. Man, this morning sucked here. My son had hockey practice over at TCIA from 8-9 then we had to run over to Martha Brown and stand in the freezing rain to watch my daughter's lacrosse game.

And I'm still hung over from watching the game last night a little bit. :lol:

My bro played lacrosse at FPT and the weather absolutely sucked every year. Football season was actually warmer than lacrosse. He just played his last collegiate game, maybe he'll get a sniff from the MLL or the NLL.

Nice. I sometimes go into the village, but ever since they built the MacGregor's I go there for the beer specials. We also go to Baird Road Pub to watch games.

I have gone to BRP for Sox games but that's about it. I used to go there a lot (like every night, before it actuallly became the BRP) but the service was sucky so we transplanted to T-Foots. MacGregor's is kinda on the other side of Fpt so we didn't make it over there too often.

Archived