Sens fans

GGM

Wow!

After the Philly clowns, these guys look like the classiest bunch of hockey fans around. Oh sure, there's a few bad apples here and there, but so far as I've seen, every Sabres fan that has posted for their boards has been welcomed wholeheartedly.

I hope none of our guys does any hard-core trolling over there. It is not deserved.

Man, it really shows you just how bad Philly fans are when one is shocked by a civilized conversation.

Ouch! Better hope she doesn't see that... :ph34r:

She wont. She doesn't like things that...Well, she doesn't like things...Or people...Or her job, etc.

To be fair, she's made big strides. She actually turned around (away from her WoW) last night to see Grier's goal in the first period.

Then again, maybe she thought there was a fire or something since I was running around the house screaming like a fool.

Wow!

After the Philly clowns, these guys look like the classiest bunch of hockey fans around. Oh sure, there's a few bad apples here and there, but so far as I've seen, every Sabres fan that has posted for their boards has been welcomed wholeheartedly.

I hope none of our guys does any hard-core trolling over there. It is not deserved.

Man, it really shows you just how bad Philly fans are when one is shocked by a civilized conversation.

Okay. No Trolling. But can we at least start refering to the Sens as the Doras for the remainder of the series.

Does she know Leeeeeeroooooooy Jeeeenkinssss?

I had no clue as to what you meant until I read his wikipedia entry. Interesting...But I'm pretty sure the answer is no.

I'll ask her next time we have an appointment.

Okay. No Trolling. But can we at least start refering to the Sens as the Doras for the remainder of the series.

I like that. The Dora's, sure has a better ring to it than the Senaturds :blush:

In fact, we even have a fish in the lineup so it's even more appropriate.

Here's to a great series folks!!!! The fun starts tomorrow night...I've got my Wings ready for snacks, Frosty's on ice and the HDTV set fired up and ready to go!!

I lurked at their board for a little bit, and it is refreshing to see respectful fans after Philly. Most of them, rightfully so, think that they have the better team and that they will win, but very few people think it will be easy, and there was little to no disparaging of the Sabres.

If we have to get taken out of the Playoffs (I said "if"), I'd rather have it be to Sens fans than Flyers fans.

I lurked at their board for a little bit, and it is refreshing to see respectful fans after Philly. Most of them, rightfully so, think that they have the better team and that they will win, but very few people think it will be easy, and there was little to no disparaging of the Sabres.

I tend to disagree with thinking we have a better team. I think the sabers play the ultimate team game - while the Sens have a lot more individual talent and so they sometimes play a bit more fancy/selfishly than they really should.

I tend to disagree with thinking we have a better team. I think the sabers play the ultimate team game - while the Sens have a lot more individual talent and so they sometimes play a bit more fancy/selfishly than they really should.

Havlat is your God?

This going to be an interesting series if for no other reason than to see how the coaches match lines.

Lindy Ruff will shuffle lines throughout this series to press whatever slight advantages he can find.

No lead will be safe. This is going to be a blast.

A lot will come down to who has the sharper goaltending.

Not to stereotype, but most Canadian fans have a love and respect for the game that is sorely lacking in Philly.

Even during the fiercest rivalries (i.e. Toronto-Montreal), you would never see an entire crowd of Canadian fans booing an injured opponent getting off of the ice. If I remember correctly, Calgary fans fell silent when a Ducks player got hurt in Game 7 and then cheered when he was helped off of the ice. I bet most Philly fans think shaking hands at the end of a series is stupid, yet Sens fans and most other Canadians realize the tradition behind it. There's a basic respect for the game that most Flyer fans simply don't have.

I think Sens fans are genuinely excited for this series, much more so than if they were playing NJ in the 2nd round (and who wouldn't be?) Instead of the possibility of going up against the hottest team in hockey, with the only remaining established playoff goalie and a team that can duck into the maddening trap defense, Ottawa fans are treated to a matchup vs a team that comes as close to any team in the league at being the carbon copy of Ottawa.

If anyone is able to correctly pick what will happen this series, it will be purely dumb luck. This could go 5 games just as easily as it could go 7. I don't remember the last time that two teams mirrored each other as closely as these two teams do. The "edge" that either team claims to have over the other is negligable in most areas (forwards, PP, coaching) and still yet to be determined in others (goaltending).

Not to stereotype, but most Canadian fans have a love and respect for the game that is sorely lacking in Philly.

Even during the fiercest rivalries (i.e. Toronto-Montreal), you would never see an entire crowd of Canadian fans booing an injured opponent getting off of the ice. If I remember correctly, Calgary fans fell silent when a Ducks player got hurt in Game 7 and then cheered when he was helped off of the ice. I bet most Philly fans think shaking hands at the end of a series is stupid, yet Sens fans and most other Canadians realize the tradition behind it. There's a basic respect for the game that most Flyer fans simply don't have.

According to some of their posts, more than a few of them consider elbows to the face, and crosschecks to the neck as "showing heart".

These clowns do not belong in sports. Flyer fans that is, in case anyone was wondering.

As Sens Fans I can assure you we have a very thick skin. Especially since hooking up with the Leafs on numerous occasions and the Flyers as well. We simply don't react to trash talk as quickly as fans of those other teams mentioned. It comes from Confidence in our team and the security knowing that the Sens are one of the best teams in the NHL despite some playoff disappointments.

I like Jersey fans as well. They are pretty down to earth as well.

Of course, once the puck drops...All bets are off

Archived